Monday, March 04, 2002

stupid smarch...

We're solidifying our plans for the big trip to Florida. My husband said he's going to take the day off of work on the Wednesday to drive me down to NY (we'll go Tuesday night) so the kids can see their auntie Lee Lee prior to her departure. We'll leave the Thursday morning, drive to Charlotte, stay with a friend of Linda's (they haven't seen each other in about 4 years so the fact that Charlotte takes us at least 5 hours out of our way is cool, it'll be worth it for them to get together). Her friend is supposed to have some minor surgery that Friday, so we may or may not stay depending on if she needs help with her kid and how she feels about having us there. We could split Friday if it doesn't look like it's going to work out. Regardless, we'll hop back on the highway either Friday evening or Saturday morning, perhaps stopping in Charleston, SC to see the people who used to live upstairs from us... then progress to the Ft. Lauderdale area, where Linda will be staying.

For those of you who pray - add her to your list of people to pray for. She needs to find a job pretty quickly. She has plenty of people to stay with, so housing isn't an issue but I do know that she doesn't want to burden anyone for long, no matter how willing they are to have her in their home. So call upon the Lord to guide her planning, her seeking and her comings and goings, and to get her into a healthy workplace with people not as crazy as Gayle.

"It's been a while..."

There is a long and convoluted story behind this, but, suffice to say, someone's personal stash of coffeecups, sweet & low (I shoulda added that to the picture. crap. don't feel like redoing it now...) and other coffee related paraphenalia vanished from my sister's company's kitchen, and all signs point to someone we all know and love.

I am so going to hell for this.

I mean, I don't even KNOW the woman. My sister begs me to photoshop her up some crazy shit and I do. I am such a tool. Anyway... she wanted this done before she left the company so she could give it to her old boss and make the woman pee her pants laughing... so... I obliged. Ta-daaaa!

Okay. What's on the agenda for the rest of today? Dishes. Laundry. Cleaning. The usual. I haven't gotten nearly half the stuff done I wanted to, and I feel guilty for it.

It's 10am, so I'm not going to spend a ton of time here on the PC. I've got stuff to do. And I have to iron my dress for my interview tomorrow. Yup. Interview. I have an interview with a local education collaborative for a secretarial/office manager job. I would like the job because it is a 9am to 3pm job, sweet, and I can do design work at night and stuff to augment the poor salary. Plus, while they are open in the summer, the ad said the hours were flexible... which hopefully means I can go in earlier, and leave earlier, and thus have fun summer time fun with my family. We shall see. In my cover letter I let them know that while my resume makes it look like I am not qualified for an office support job, I feel I'd rock their world overall.

So cross your fingers.

I am never going to find another job doing what I've been doing for the past 4 years, so I'm looking to change track I guess. Unless the dream design job lands in my lap, I'm onto other moneymaking schemes.

Right. Enough. Have a super Smarch day.

No comments:

Post a Comment