Tuesday, April 16, 2002

Manic Tuesday

Why do I set up work on days where I have to be somewhere in the morning, work like crazy, and the go somewhere in the evening to work some more? It makes for a very long day. I worked for catering man this morning and before starting there met with his business partner to go over the website thus far and get more content. He gave me a shitload of menus, text, contact form stuff... I did a bunch of work today, but still have a great deal to do.

Working there today was a lot of fun. Catering man didn't exactly have stuff for us to do, he stayed up until 4am doing paperwork that had to get done for the business, so he didn't get to the market and buy stuff for us to prep, so we did a big cleaning/condensing of what he had in stock in the freezers. He made us lunch, and I started working on crutons, and then he let me go at about 1pm. Which was cool. But it's a long long time until I'll be hitting the hay tonight... Tonight I'm going to the dart store to meet with the other clients. I don't think I'll get home until 10pm.

Their site has taken quite a while... they still haven't picked a host because they need someone who can do online shopping carts and not rip them off. So I have to iron out what their needs are, and help them pick a host. This should be interesting. My host said they'll do it for them at a reasonable price, but the guy had some issues based on credit card charges... Whatever. I should care, but right now I'm mostly tired of life. Not so much tired of these clients, they are cool. I am just plain dogshit tired. I should nap before going to meet with them. Or at least get some coffee. My children are fighting like crazy and I want them to resolve their issues without me getting involved, but I can see/hear that isn't going to be possible.

I don't know why they have to fight like this. Geoff is out of control, and Jessie is a control FREAK when it comes to him. She's bossy and overbearing, which causes him to push back, and her to fight with him, and then the next thing I know they are pinching, smacking and poking each other.

Why, oh Lord? Why? Why can't I have two kids who just play nice, work nice together, behave well when I'm not in the room. Give me peace for 10 minutes a day. Why? Why, Why Why!?

Okay, enough of that. I need to jazz myself up either with a nap (ha!) or some coffee (which means I'll be up all damn night, but I'll get to do my work when I get home from dartland).

So remind me not to make evening appointments on days when I work for catering man. And oh crap, I'm working for him again tomorrow. Meh! I'm going to be a tired little girl.


"You know, every day I get out of bed and drag myself to the next cup of coffee. I take a sip and the caffeine kicks in. I can focus my eyes again. My brain starts to order the day. I'm up, I'm alive. I'm ready to rock. But the time is coming when I wake up and decide that I'm not getting out of bed. Not for coffee, or food or sex. If it comes to me, fine. If it won't, fine. No more expectations. The longer I live, the less I know. I should know more. I should know the coffee's killing me. You're suspicious of your suspicions? I'm jealous, Kay; I'm so jealous. You still have the heart to have doubts. Me? I'm going to lock up a 14 year old kid for what could be the rest of his natural life. I got to do this. This is my job. This is the deal. This is the law. This is my day. I have no doubts or suspicions about it. Heart has nothing to do with it anymore. It's all in the caffeine."

-Frank Pembleton (Andre Braugher)

No comments:

Post a Comment