Monday, October 21, 2002

Clayton's Birthday

Exactly six months ago CAL passed away... and today would have been his 35th birthday. I marked the occasion by giving the altar flowers at our church yesterday. Saturday morning I went and bought them -- they are gorgeous and I'm supposed to got get them and have them here, but I didn't make it over there today.

I spent the day with his sister and his old roomie Jamie. We spent a lot of time just gabbing, laughing, and didn't mention him once.

I think it was good to do it that way instead of dwell on him.

To be completely honest, I would love to pour my heart out to them about how much I miss him so damn much, how I see and hear things all the time and say "oh, that reminds me of..." or "oh, he would have liked that."

The geocache that we did was close and nice, and way too easy. Doug taught me over the phone how to put the coords into the GPS, so now I'm dangerous -- I know how to do it and just might do that on my own when I'm unattended by the rest of my family. Why the hell not.

We had lunch at the Chinese restaurant up the street from my house and we were the only patrons. So it was kind of odd. I enjoyed their company greatly on this day.

Fall is slowly infesting the area, and each day is glorious. But I'm noting a lot of naked branches, which means her lush cloak of color is quickly falling off to reveal her bare essentials. I have a feeling it will be a long and somewhat depressing winter. I don't know if that's just me feeling bummed today because of the whole CAL thing, or if I really feel that way for real.

Well. Sorry this is a shitty boring entry. I'm just glad that I had fun with Jamie and Ivy, got in a good and fun geocache, and only picked up a few ticks in the walk (stupid little bastards). I guess that's about all. Honestly -- more happy fun ball entries lie ahead. I'm almost done annotating my archives, and so that's been loads of fun, looking back on the contents of each entry in the past. I'm glad I'm doing it too, because I realized that the links to my archived entries off the monthly pages for the past 2 months are all broken, so I fixed them all. Huzzah.


ipswich river at dusk, bradley palmer park 10/18

No comments:

Post a Comment