Thursday, May 08, 2003

Happy Birthdays

12:45PM
My mother's birthday was yesterday. My dad's is today. Sometimes mom reads this journal, so I express nothin' but love to you today Swirlie -- Happy Birthday (even though I called your ass yesterday). And my dad doesn't read this... but happy birthday to him too. Just because.

I'm home for lunch. Doug is cheffing up some Tuna Melt Action. He ate something yesterday that rendered him incapable of sleeping last night due to acid reflux, so he called in sick today. He's home. And I get free lunch and to play with my dogs and type a quick entry. Damn. Don't it feel good to be a gangster.

My bosses both are out of the office for the afternoon. One was on vacation and returned today. They're going to a big meeting of all the national sales reps. I've got a lot to keep me busy, and Internet Radio to crank out the tunes.

I've also been taking great enjoyment in reading the BNL blog. My favorite band in the known universe is recording their new CD and keeping a blog while doing it. I know. I'm a nerd. So are they. Huzzah!

Read the entry on their side trip to Vegas if you go over there. Funny.

What else -- I've got a ton of little thoughts swimming in my head. We've been considering making a geographical move to a more affordable area where Doug can basically make what he makes now (perhaps a little less) but we'd be able to cash in the major chips here on the house. The market here is insane. We could probably clear 80k on the sale of this place and pay off all our debts and still have a nice amount of dosh for a downpayment on a new place. We're not 100% certain we are going to do that at this time though.

The whole family would so benefit from the move. Financially, spiritually, financially, and spacewise. We could get a big piece of land with a house on it.

There's a lot to consider.

Anyway -- I need to eat and go back to the office. I love this commute thing. Damn.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment