Monday, May 12, 2003

New Mother...Goose

Mother's Day has been kind of a washout. Doug did the windows... all of them. I suppose that's all a girl could ever ask for. Geoff played most of the day with our neighborgirl, who is in the same grade as him. She is sweet and funny and the two of them kicked each others asses all day.

Jessica spent several hours working on her project. Mostly in the research mode... I looked a mess of crap up about Philadelphia history, Betsy Ross (and the arguments against her being the designer of the flag which state she was just a seamstress who did someone else's work), and October 17, 1777.

Geoff has a bike-a-thon at his school this Thursday, so I dug Jessica's old bike out of the garage. It needed a little work. My tenant helped me reallign the training wheels and Doug took it to get air in the tires, and they're over at the elementary school riding on the open blacktop. Doug didn't want to go but Geoff was so gung ho about getting on the thing.

I did dishes. And I have more dishes to do.


The goose across the street had a more eventful day than I did, though. Her eggs finally hatched. There are five new goslings over across the street.

I got to watch their first tentative paddles into the pond.

You can't quite see them in these pictures. I had to zoom in really tight and the pappa goose was getting really antsy with my presence.

They're really cute.

And yes, that's one of the shells of one of the eggs. It's huge.


No comments:

Post a Comment