Friday, September 05, 2003

Geoff and school...

I've had a rough week.

There are some life issues that are bogging me down, but I've chosen not to write about them. They concern Geoff and school and because I keep a journal and he doesn't have a say in it I'm choosing consciously not to really get into his issues until I know more. It isn't his choice to be spoken about on the internet. Jessica wasn't happy with me the other day when looking over my shoulder and realizing that I posted the picture of her with her "cow legs" a couple weeks ago after we got stung by yellowjackets.

I keep the journal for my entertainment and sometimes don't THINK about whether or not the kids want to be represented here. Just like I don't talk about work because that could get me fired, I know that talking about my kids too much and their issues too much could reflect poorly upon them and they have no say.

So suffice to say -- Geoff's got some school issues. We had a meeting. In person. Both parents. Both principals. Teacher. We'll see where it goes from here.

Geoff is the most lovely and wonderful child. You have no idea how much I love him and love his little heart.

I want nothing but the best for him and the Bacraders and the Disgusting Gotes for the rest of his life.

Please pray for him this year. First grade is not going to be easy. Pray for him, and for his teacher, I'll call her "Jo", and for us -- thanks.

Anyway. We've been busy. Holy cow it's been a fast week. Schedule wise I feel we're settlin' in nicely. I have been working 8:30-2:55 to get home in time to get the kids. My greatest triumph in history is that we've totally trashed use of ADP's Benefits Expert system and given up on it after 3 months of trying to make the thing work.

Not for nothing -- their tech support has been sterling and the team we worked with has been the best, but in order to change an existing enrollment, or do something slightly out of the ordinary, it was a day of jumping through flaming hoops, and the sad thing is, we're a small company. How are they going to sell this to BIG companies? Gah.

Benex sucked for us. We had exceptions that it didn't like, it did things that fucked up life for our employees -- short story is that we canned it.

This past week was the first full week that we didn't have to use it and I was SO much more productive at work than I've been since I started there. Holy crap. I was getting so much done. All because I wasn't focused on fixing crap that Benex did or didn't do right.

nice.

So work has actually been the wonderful part of my life. And leaving at 2:55pm is nice. A and I have gotten along sparklingly. Since my review when I started keeping a spreadsheet of all my tasks, I've been keeping up with everything. I'm not a list maker, but now... I am. HR is changing my life and how I do my day to day work. And A is the funnest coolest person on earth. If she reads this, she should know how much I love her. Even when we disagree, I try to walk away with "I love you." So she knows that it is the situation and not HER that I'm bothered by.

A you rock and that's not just the tequila talking! I'll miss you when you're on vacation. And you so deserve a vacation!


For those who haven't figured it out, I won't be babysitting baby Ben anymore.

Gah, I look like crap in this picture, but hey. It's me and my favorite baby other than my own babies.

With the kids in school, me needing to leave early the four days of the week meant that I'd need to work on Fridays. So I adjusted my schedule. And today was my first non- baby Ben day in a long time.

Jesus, I miss him.

There's a picture of my kids wearing cheeseheads. Gah. Football reigns supreme in Dan's house. And there's my baby Ben. I miss how he smells. I miss his kisses. I miss him so much.

Sniff.

Weep.

Sentimentality aside, I am more inclined to care for the needs of my own kids. But. And this is a big but. I am so going to miss my weekly Baby Ben days. And my card games with the guys. I miss the guys. I miss Ben more than the guys and love my kids more than playing Uno with those mental cases... but. I miss them. I love Ben Brian and Dan. They are good friends that I will always love and cherish.

My kids and their needs -- more important though.

No comments:

Post a Comment