Sunday, October 19, 2003

Red Sox 103, Yankees 3

I will not talk about the Red Sox here today. But my son did draw a picture for us.

a boy can dream, right? Look at those Yankees wiped out in the field, and those two Red Sox shaking hands and raising bat in Victory. 103 runs is a lot of runs... sigh.


My boss sent me an amusing little link. We Like The Moon. Normally I don't share these things, but... as my boss puts it "this is mad." She's British, you know, so mad means crazy. Not angry. And indeed it is crazy. I showed it to the kids and Geoff thinks it's hysterical but Jessie doesn't quite know what to think about it. I think she's lost her funny. Doug and Geoff spent about a half hour this afternoon watching it and singing along. Perhaps you'll be singing it all day too.


As many of you know, Jessica was at camp all week last week, she returned triumphant and tired on Friday. It's nice to have her back. Doug gone from Thursday morning until last night doing work stuff, which included a conference in NJ.

I took Geoff to see "Good Boy," which was a good movie, for the most part. One has to seriously suspend disbelief to get through the film. There's one recurring theme that cracked me up -- whenever shown evidence that yes, the dogs ARE from space, people shrug their shoulders and say "Works for me!"

Loved that.

Overall the movie is very sweet and nice, and I think everyone was marvelously cast, from the humans to the dogs. The voices of the dogs were great, from Brittany Murphy to Carl Reiner, and the CGI was almost not noticible when the dogs talked.

The only one I thought was miscast was Matthew Broderick (gah, I almost type Michael Broderick, my sister will get a laugh at that!) and I think that they made a big mistake in that one. His voice was too deadpan. Don't get me wrong -- I adore Ferris Buehler and I'm sure he kicked ass on Broadway with the adorable Nathan Lane in "The Producers," but his voice didn't work with the dog thing.

The dog was cute as hell.

Geoff loved it, and he totally understood the message, which was great. It wasn't just a movie about talking dogs and he got that. He came home and hugged Jack and said "You're such a good boy, and you know what, because I love you I'm a good boy too."

Ain't that just what it's supposed to be all about? Yup.

I spent the entire day on Saturday in bed. Vertigo has returned and I've got an ear ache, so I'll be calling my doctor first thing tomorrow to get some antibiotics before this gets further into the pain of insanity and dizziness. I am seeing BNL on Tuesday night, and must be vertical so as to rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment