Thursday, October 02, 2003

Stargazing and Geocaching

Last night I took Jessica out star gazing because I knew that tonight and tomorrow it was going to be cloudy.

We initially tried to see things from the back yard, but my neighbors have a minor sun glowing on their front porch at night, which fully drowns out everything but mars and leaves one night blind and stepping in dog crap in the yard. So I suggested we hop in the car and speed over to a local very high dark hill.

I'm glad we went. I suck at constellations, I thought the Pleides (spelling???) was the Little Dipper. Retard. This is what I get for growing up in the city, eh?

She knows a lot, I was incredibly surprised. We should have brought blankets, we could have stayed out there a lot longer. As was, she was in shorts and fresh out of the shower. I took off my coat and we sat on it... spent about a half hour trying to figure out where the hell Cassiopeia (did I spell that right???) was.

I saw three shooting stars.

There was no moon out.

We got home close to 11pm on a school night. And it was fun. We had all kinds of good laughs, and I really enjoyed myself. Wish I could do something like that more often. Perhaps if the meteor showers are going to be impressive this November she'll want to go out with me.


Oh, back over to the topic of geocaching for a minute, I totally forgot to mention this... I ordered some Travel Bug tags recently and today, in honor of my parents' 38th wedding anniversary I do something tacky, mean spirited and funny (with nothing but love in my heart)... I release The Grandma Travel Bug.

Yes, Grandma is now officially one for the ages. I have a tag on her and she's ready to rock. I may run up tomorrow morning and put her in our Geocache, and hope someone comes along and grabs her.

Go visit her page and laugh. I plan on adding info on her to the Grandma's Adventures webpage, and of course to my geocaching log once that's all put together.

I could have sent flowers or something. But wouldn't you rather be immortalized by your rotten kid in such a way? You know you would.

Anyway. I'm afraid I don't have much of interest to discuss here today. As usual the monkey reference log is updated. We went out caching last night, here are a couple of pictures. And I'm so incredibly lazy that I'm not even going to reduce their size. I'm leaving them huge.

Sorry this isn't more substantial, but. meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment