Saturday, October 04, 2003

TGIF and TGIS

TGIF Baby, working 5 days a week now I have re-earned the right to utter such a ridiculous acronym. When I was working four days a week and all my fun of the week was saved up for Fridays when I'd get to hang out with my babykins, Baby Ben (oh I love him so much!) I could never say at ... 5pmish, "thank God it's Friday!" In theory, I'd have to say "Thank God it's Thursday," but who wants to say that really? No one.

So I've refrained from use of the acronym and all that it implies. Until Today. A is back from vacation, and having her back is all lovely and wonderful, but I am worn out from doin' stuff. As Erin and Lisa say on the Simpsons "Stuff sucks."

I do believe that's the quote.

Anyway.


Continued on Saturday, October 4

We have a new neighbor.

The multifamily house across the streetish went up for sale a couple months ago and just sold very recently. The guy who bought it was out mowing the lawn when I got home from work yesterday so I went over to talk to him. He's recently divorced after 27 years of marriage and retired from a local Fire Department. I didn't ask "gee, how the hell do you end up divorced after 27 years of marriage?" I just left it as such.

He put a bench and a little wooden well flower pot holder across the street from my house and it looks slightly ridiculous. He told me he put it there and encouraged us to enjoy it. So I felt bad for thinking in the back of my head "gee. that looks... ridiculous."

When Doug got home from work he made some choking and gagging noises when we were discussing the flower pot thingie, and I took advantage. I told him the guy's sob story about being recently divorced and kinda sad.

I love blowing up his spot (to steal from my sistah, yo).

I wonder what he got the house for. I know it was on the market for $500,000.00 USD. Yes. 1/2 a million dollars. Then it was lowered to $499,000 such a bargain you know. Then, reduced again. I'm surprised that the real estate agent didn't blame US for how the house wasn't selling. She blamed us when the house next door wasn't selling. She said we had too many vehicles and Pete (our tenant) was driving a big rig at the time, so she said perspective buyers were scared off by that kind of a scene and she asked me to have the truck park somewhere else.

???Wha wha whaaaat?

How's about you bring the right buyers to the house. Bitch. Someone who wants to live next door to someone who works hard and has a life instead of a 17 year old punk ass listening to Insane Clown Posse or Linkin Park at 11 volume while working on his car in the driveway. How's about you talk to the seller who absolutely won't budge on dropping the price because he's so convinced he should make a 200% profit on the sale of the house.

Gah.

I'm glad we got the neighbors we got. Funny thing is they're not getting along with Pete and his new girlfriend now. No skin off my nose. As long as they're getting along with me and she picks my kids up at the end of the school day, all is right with the world.

Today was a weird day. I got up on time to get Geoff ready for soccer. He's having a hard time of it. He's good at the drills and practice, but when it comes to the game part he's totally distracted and could care less. He stands there looking at the clouds while the game rages on behind him. When someone bumps into him he gets really angry and storms off the field and says he's not going to play anymore. I watch him like a hawk. He decides 10 minutes after the fact to exact revenge upon the kid who bumped him last, and slowly approaches him with his elbows up and a scowl on his face. I know he plans on droppin' the kid. So I stop him. He argues with me. I push him back onto the field.

I feel like psycho mom.

Today was the best he's done to date, of the three weeks worth of soccer he's had. He said he's sick of it though, and he doesn't want to do it anymore. I told him, tough. You wanted to do this you'll go to the end of the season in November and then we'll figure out what to do next year.

There's a little boy on his team who is also a classmate. They haven't been getting along lately. E, the other little boy, is a tad off as well. The two of them should be good friends but both of them together are just plain weird. E does not want to be friends with Geoff. Geoff insists that E is his friend. Not his BEST friend mind you, but a friend. E informed Geoff in the lunch line on Thursday that he had no intention of ever being Geoff's friend, and, well, Geoff punched him.

The lunch lady heard the whole thing and reported to the teacher that E had said some hurtful and mean things to Geoff and Geoff reacted poorly. Both got in trouble. Friday morning Geoff told me he was going to tell E that he forgives him for being so mean so they can be friends again.

E still doesn't want to have anything to do with Geoff. E informed ME on the soccer field this morning that he doesn't like Geoff and wishes that Geoff would stop saying they're friends, because they are not.

"Would it kill you to just be nice to him?" I asked E looking him right in the eye. "It would make him happy and it would end this ridiculous squabbling between the two of you if you would be the big man in this and just ... let Geoff be your friend. He doesn't have to be your BEST friend. Just be friendly to him and life will be beautiful. Okay?"

Was I a bitch?

I can't see what the big deal is. Geoff's not trying to marry him or anything. He just wants to say "I'm friends with E." And E, to be honest dude, I've watched you with other kids. You're hardly captain of the football team/prom king material. You're not going to be beating best friends back with a lacrosse stick. You could use a friend.

His parents are so nice.

I just want people to be nice to Geoff and Geoff to be nice to them. Geoff normally is not wanting to be friendly with other kids. He avoids them. He plays alone. If in the classroom kids can just get along, I don't think it's so damn hard.

Jessie didn't have any good friends until this past academic year. It took her a long while to get established. Geoff's weirdness sets him apart from the other kids just like Jessie's know-it-all-ness distanced her from the other kids until she could learn what it meant to be a friend and be friendly.

Gah.

Anyway. I didn't come here today to talk all about Geoff again. This has become the Geoff journal lately. So I'll move on to other topics.


Siegfried needs a new partner, or so it seems. Roy got bit by the other cat. Sucks to be him. I mean, I totally wish the best for him and all, but he gets no sympathy from me. Anyone who makes a life's work out of "taming" wild animals isn't a hero or a star or anything. They're stupid. I love animals as much as the average person... I enjoy the zoo. A good elephant balancing thing at the circus to me is a work of art. But. If you get your ass stomped on by an elephant... serves your foolish ass right.

The tiger doesn't belong in a ballroom in Vegas. The tiger belongs in tiger land. And anyone who cries out that this vicious animal needs to be put down needs their head examined. It isn't like Roy was sleeping in bed one day and a tiger jumped into his boudoir and ripped him open. Roy uses a fucking WHIP on the animal. Wild animals are never "trained" or "tamed"... it's like having a loaded gun on your coffee table and a house full of crazy people who might pick it up and aim it at you. It's a risk. It's silly and stupid, all in the name of "entertainment." Whatever. It isn't the tiger's fault.

Similarly, remember Little Joe, the gorilla who escaped from the Zoo in Boston last week? He was pissed and wanted out. The mother of the 2 year old who was hurt in the monkey shine wants Little Joe put to sleep.

Bad news for you lady --- Little Joe is a wild animal who wanted out of captivity. It sucks for you and your baby, but he shouldn't be put down, he should be put somewhere more suitable for a gorilla of his size and skill. You should be mad at Zoo New England or whatever it's called these days. Not so much at Little Joe.


Because it was a crappy rainy day here in New England, we watched a lot of TV. I finally got to see Star Wars II, The Clone Wars. I hated it but all I have to say is Thank GOD there wasn't a lot of Jar Jar Binks in this movie or I would have had to have hurt someone.

I thought the guy who played Anakin was hot, but couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag.

And Natalie Portman is hot too, but it really seemed that this was all too stiff and unrealistic. Not like the Harrison Ford/Carrie Fisher/Mark Hammil style of acting in the original three. Too many bad jokes from C3PO. Cool battle scenes. A really really lame and obvious CGI shot of a model of Natalie Portman riding the back of that animal thing in the coliseum... I laughed my ass off. So fake. Fake fake fake.

We also watched The Devil's Advocate. God, is Charlize Theron pretty in this movie. And Keanu can almost act. I hated the ending. Hated hated hated it. But what can I say. Vanity is my favorite of all sins.

Al Pacino's gonna haunt my dreams for the next few weeks. He was weird, scary and perfect in the role.

My favorite part was how when they were in Florida they had all these heavy southern accents. Three weeks in NY and they're talkin' New Yorker. No accents. Again. I laughed my ass off.


Anyway. I'm getting a tad tired and cranky. It has been a very draining week for a lot of reasons.

I'm going to watch some Spongebob with the kids and hit the hay. We've blown off church for the past several weekends, and I think this week we really need to go. We've got some serious stuff going on in the family (not Geoff related) where we could use some of the good stuff. Pray for us if you pray. Send mojo. I can't discuss it here, nor do I wish to sound mysterious or anything. Hopefully it isn't anything that will result in the end of the world as we know it. No one is sick, no one has cancer -- it's just some legal stuff and it just needs to go away. So pray for us and when the time is right perhaps I'll be able to talk about it. I can't here and now.

Jesus do I sound like that fatass Limbaugh or what? "I can't discuss the situation right now because of an investigation," blah blah blah. Look, jerk, if you're an addict and you have a problem, just say "Hey, I'm sorry if I let you down and you look up to me. I'm going to get help." Hedging and lying lose you a lot of respect in my book.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was recently accused of groping a whole mess of women in the past. He, in light of everything, said "Hey, I'm very sorry. I did these things and it was entirely inappropriate for me to have done them. I was foolish."

If Rush just says "Hey, I'm very sorry. I did these things and it was entirely..." I'd have a whole lot of respect for him.

If President Clinton hadn't waved his finger in my face and said "I did not have sexual relations..." but instead said "Hey, I'm very sorry. I did these things and..." I never ever would have cared about what he did.

An apology goes a long way. Honesty and truth go a long way. And getting back to our situation (I'm all over the map, aren't I?) I can't say anything here because it could have legal repercussions, and piss off someone I love dearly. So. I'll hedge for a while.

Anyway.

Don't forget prayer for us, wouldya? Thanks. Enjoy the rest of the weekend... Tomorrow we feast on NFL Sunday Ticket so I may or may not get over here for a posting. So long for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment