Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Strep

It is 1pm and I'm home from work. Geoff has had a barking cough for the past couple weeks, it comes and goes. It has gotten pretty bad, and I've been giving him cough medicine to keep it at bay during the school day. Today he just didn't want to participate in anything in school, sat with his head down on his folded arms, was lethargic, unwilling, sleepy. They called me to let me know that his throat looked red and irritated, and they thought he may have strep because EVERY kid in school has strep right now. The neighbor girls all have it.

So when they paged me at work while I was in a meeting, I knew what it was about.

I told A, who seemed slightly panicked, supportive and perturbed at the same time as only an HR manager can... knowing what the laws and rules are, but knowing what we've got hanging over our heads and all... she asked for an update of where open enrollment data entry stood.

I lined up everything that I hadn't gotten done yet for the deadline of 4pm tomorrow. I told her I'd do my best to come back in this afternoon. There are only 10 forms that need finished in data entry, and I've got that under control. She seemed somewhat relieved and told me that if I couldn't make it back in she'd take care of things.

Funny thing is, on Friday she told me to stop entering them and to focus on another project that I've ignored for months, because I had all the way until Thursday afternoon to get it all done.

Then my PC imploded on itself, and that took 2 days to rectify, and now I'm out with Geoff.

So don't stop me again when I'm making good progress, m'kay?

Hee hee.

Anyway -- I'm waiting for Doug to come home and Geoff's on the couch watching him some Noggin. I feel like slipping my pyjamas back on and curling up with him on the couch, but I'll force myself to make better use of the time here.

I've got three websites to build, one is built and was on hold for months and months because the people who hired me to do it hemmed and hawed and then one of them got drastically sick so we couldn't complete the project. Now we're back on track. I've got C&M's car website (and I am just now done with all the scanning of the photos and documents and am working up the layout, just so you have an idea C of where it is...) and professor MF's husband called me and asked me to do a site for him.

So there are plenty of opportunities for making some cash here. Gotta make them all shine.


Not much else really to write about. The monkey reference log has been getting me some rather weird email. I got something the other day about hot wild monkey copulation activity. Not something I wanted to see. The sender suggested "Hey! This would be good for your monkey reference website!"

No. Sick bastard. Very very sick bastard.

I'm going to make some coffee and try and get these monkey images out of my mind now. Biß Später!

No comments:

Post a Comment