Monday, April 05, 2004

Chloe has a brother...

Two and a half years ago I welcomed Chloe here... and it is a pleasure to bring these tidings to you once again. May I be the first of the Boston Bloggers to welcome Liam into the loving home of Bonnie and Duncan, and big sister Chloe.

No one has cuter babies than Doug and I do (hee hee!)... but I think these babies have always given them a run for their money. They are gorgeous.

First of all, Chloe is a goddess. Check out those cheeks and that smile. She's the perfect blend of mom and dad... I see both so clearly in her face. Like no other child I've ever met. And Liam, look at his adorable nose and fuzzy blonde hair.

I can't wait to see them and hold him and sniff his babyness. That sounds kind of creepy, but... I can't wait.

Wow.

So happy for you guys, I can't even begin to verbalize it. Suffice to say -- congrats and may the Lord bless your kids and you with all the love, guidance and protection you need.



All told, the play went perfectly. As always there are little gaffes here and there, but having sat through all three performances I can say that yes -- this was a great success. I can't believe a bunch of 11 and 12 year old kids pulled this huge production off. The costumes were outstanding, and of course, my daughter, our Jessie, was stupendous.

Kudos to her.

They had the cast party today and it was a screaming success. We dropped her off and went hiking. She so didn't want us hanging there, crampin' her way too cool for you style. She came in the door with a giant blow-up lobster that she used as a prop in the play (long story) and when "they" entered together the girls went wild.

The Geocache that we planted yesterday up in Newbury was approved. Two finders have made it out there so far. It's well received... excellent!

While Jessie was cast partying, Doug, Geoff and I went off to scope out another geocache location. We have plans for like 8 in the area.

The cache is up in Georgetown, on a huge hill where there is a radio tower and a fire tower, and we found the perfect not too obvious hiding spot. We mwah ha ha ha'ed our way back to the car because it's going to be so cool and SO hard in the summer time (150 ft of pure bushwhacking from one point in the trail to the actual hidey hole). HA! So mean.

I have to return with the swag box tomorrow (as long as the snow holds off... what's up with that??? Snow!!!???)

We also drove over to Ipswich and Rowley to scope out a couple other places. Doug thought we had plenty of time and couldn't figure out why it was getting so dark out. Then he realized the clock in his VW hadn't been changed for daylight savings, so we were an hour later than he thought. It made him mad. I couldn't believe it was 7:30 and it wasn't pitch dark.

Thank you sunshine! So we hightailed it home for dinner. We were all feeling pretty sick and gross and hungry and tired at that point.

So between hiking and mudding and hiding caches and scoping caches and play performances and parties... it was a banner weekend for the Screamapillar clan. Yes!

It is now Monday morning, and I am supposed to go over to the school and re-hang the pictures of the cast and a congratulatory banner, so I ought to get to that. On my mind right now is the fact that in a few short years this will hopefully be stuff Bonnie will be looking forward to. I'm thinking she'll be a helpful super mommy. I know I'm not wrong.

Alright, more later. I'm sappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment