Wednesday, July 07, 2004

VW woes

1pm

I just got off the phone with Doug. The news is not good. The VW warranty has expired (by 1400 miles) and the cost to repair the car will be over $4000 for the parts alone. Initially, we were thinking eh... $1500 bucks.

We owe $10,000 on the car.

Nice.

So right now, Doug is planning on going to the dealership and saying "Dude, let's make a deal." If the guy can give us a deal and maybe something like $5000 on a trade in, Doug can pick up a car for not too too much money and roll the remainder of the car loan into it. My only fear is Car B may shit the bed too at about 1400 miles out of warranty, and we're then so screwed.

We've had this fucking car 11 months.

I swear if I see another Volkswagen commercial with that dealer guy gushing about how fun and reliable their cars are, I'm going to stick forks in my eyes. I'm so pissed off right now at VW. What the hell. How the hell does this part go after 11 months when it's a used car that has been given the Full Monty in pre-sales service and repair?

Gah. So pissed.

And I don't WANT to be pissed because I got my pictures back and they are pigroasterriffic.

9:30PM

Just got off the phone with Doug, again. He's on his way home and managed to get a 2001 Passat for a good deal with a trade in on the deadmobile. The payment for the vehicle is $100 more a month than the old one and I'm bricking because we were screeching by on the money we had with the set up we had.

Well. We have to go back to the dealership to pick up the truck. All said and done -- it's finished and settled and life goes on. It isn't what I wanted right now in time, I didn't want to have to deal with this shit, but. It is what it is and I accept.

And.

While struggling with all of this inside today, I built the best damn picture show ever. Click here to go to the Pig Roast 2004 Picture Show. Enjoy it. I had fun building it and looking at the pictures. Gotta jet kids. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment