Tuesday, May 03, 2005

But I'm not tired, I'm not tired... I just sleep.

I'm amazed at how I can be so incredibly tired, yet so unable to fall asleep. Monday night, I watched all of the recent episodes of Real World/Road Rules Challenge Inferno II (I love Dan. There is nothing like Gay Rage in the face of catty bitches to make me happy). And then I sat and surfed my many reads, and tried to come up with a quote for the sidebar which is the quote of the moment, and Ben Folds instantly came to mind.

And I could fall over sideways in this chair, my head on the desk and I'd fall asleep. But putting me in bed seems to be a different story. I tried snoozing on the couch, but that didn't work. I'm not sure what is up with me.

I'm not tired. I just sleep.

I think I have had a real post-vacation emotional let-down here, and I'm kind of in a state of numb-disenfranchisement or something. And the weather is, of course, no help. I can only pray for sun and warm and outsideness.

Yesterday afternoon I came home early and was able to get out for a few minutes until a swarm of man eating budgie-sized gnats swarmed down upon me to feast upon my flesh.

I can't win.

The office should be quiet this morning. C and MB are at a Flash training class this morning. While a few months ago I managed to get all of the elements into a Flash file, I still can't get the action script working. The restructuring of our department brings this project to their tables, so they're going to take a class. And M will not be in until late. So things will be quiet and ... quiet.

No Love Bombs for me this morning.

I finally managed to get to sleep. I actually did one of those complete and total body jumps, you know... the falling asleep and suddenly your entire body jerks alert and your arms are akimbo and you are disoriented for a split second, and then you fall back asleep. Yeah. Haven't done one of those in a very long time.

Getting up this morning was difficult. But I'll manage. A little more coffee, some more coffee. A big glass of water, a hot shower. All these things will get me going.

The one thing I'm incredibly grateful for in the morning is Jessica. She's up and dressed, ready and sitting on the couch for a half hour before she even needs to walk out the door. I don't know what I'd do if I had to go in her room, wake her, mess with her, beg, cajole, plead with her to get up. That'd be no fun. Considering I'm in bed until a half hour AFTER her bus comes.

So hurrah for Jessica getting up and getting herself ready. Love Bomb.

And on that note -- off to ready myself and the boy. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment