Saturday, May 21, 2005

Muscle Spasms

I had the crappiest night's sleep last night. At about 3am, my left arm and shoulder started twitching, and I couldn't get back to sleep. A few years ago, I looked up information on restless leg syndrome, which I probably have to some extent. I wake up once in a while with this incredibly uncomfortable feeling in my arms or legs, with twitching and "crawling" sensations ... and then I can't get back to sleep.

So I ended up on the couch to avoid bothering Doug. I eventually fell back asleep at about 5am, and Geoff was up shortly thereafter. He was polite and quiet and played in his room for as long as he could.

I'm feeling like my arm is still all twitchy. I had hoped manual labor would help reduce that sensation or at least take my mind off of it but it is still very there and very annoying.

Part of me wonders if there is a vitamin thing going on, that I'm not getting the right nutrients. Another part wonders if this is something that you get from working on the computer for too long, kind of like carpal tunnel. And yet another part (notice, I didn't use percentages) wonders if I don't have MS or Parkinson's.

"Maybe it's a tumor."
"IT'S NOT A TUMOR!"

We got out early and got some plants for the gardens. We reorganized the flower beds, shortening one because nothing ever grows down that end and the dogs have a penchant for peeing down that way. Doug turned over the fire pit and returned that spot to its original purpose -- a vegetable garden. Jessie and her friend C are up front putting in marigolds and clematis on the fence.

Hopefully all the hard work pays off. Me? I needed a break from being out there. Digging is fun but I have a low tolerance for it sometimes. Especially when over-tired.

Well. I better get out there again before I'm accused of being a slacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment