Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Rain, rain, everywhere, especially in my pants

It is absolutely freaking POURING out this morning. All the grey that had been accumulating in the sky finally broke through. I took the dogs out in the soaking piss of rain, I dragged the 3 trash barrels out to the kerb in the stinging wind of rain.

I offered to take Geoff and E to school in the car to avoid getting any wetter, but they both wanted to use their umbrellas so they begged me to ride the bus.

Okay.

We were walking to the bus stop and some fucktard in a Lexus drives past me and hits all the standing water in the street - the result was drenched pants. My drenched pants. El Drencho Grande. Dre-en-nched.

So I stood at the bus stop with the kids, freezing my left leg off. The bus was late. Next time, remind me to be more stern and beat the children into submission and ride in the freaking car.

Actually, they had a great time using their umbrellas, and were very, very happy. My consequential misery should not detract from their good behavior and abject joy.

So.

I came back in to get dry pants, only to discover that all of my work appropriate pants are in the dryer, not quite dry. Instead of waiting an hour, I took my hair dryer to these pants, and I opted to sit down, compose and relax, and pen this entry. It is a morning like this that normally would give me the strong desire to retreat to my bed and stay there all day.

Or.

To simply work from home. Lord knows J and M gave me enough floorplans to keep me busy all day. And I could put on more coffee and crank up Songs for Silverman and work my A off on the floorplans.

But.

That is my plan for this Friday when I take the day to be here, due to dog and boy doctor appointments (at different doctors mind you. Not at the same place...).

Hence.

I shall go to work. On that note. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment