Sunday, May 22, 2005

Sunday at home

Yesterday we went out and bought our garden items, the veggies and the flowers. When it isn't so grey and rainy out, I'll take pictures.

Jessie's friend came over and all of us set to work and had a great time getting stuff in the ground. No sooner had we finished than the sky opened up. The forecasters stated that it wasn't going to rain until after midnight, but there we were at about 4pm all trapped inside. We rented some movies, got some pizza and had a nice evening in with Jess' friend.

We watched "Elf" for the first time since we saw it in the theatre when it came out. For a Christmas themed movie, it didn't annoy me seeing it in May (the kids chose it) Will Ferrell is really sweet and cute in this film. James Caan is killer funny. The corny factor in the end was slightly annoying, but on the whole we really enjoyed it, and recommend it if you haven't seen it.

The kids went to bed, and Doug and I watched "Shaun of the Dead," which he saw last weekend and told me he'd watch again if I wanted to get it. For Doug to watch a movie twice, that's a high endorsement. So we watched and I loved it. Hysterical. Loved the whole beginning where the general population is shown as "zombies" before they become zombies. The entire postmodern lifestyle is spotlighted before Z-day, and it is obvious as to why Shaun can't tell that people are zombies for 24 hours, because he's just used to it. That and people being drunk. He's used to that too. The movie explodes into gory zombie violence and incredible humor as this appliance salesman attempts to save his mom, his girlfriend, and a trail of hangers-on. The end results are quite amusing. Really loved it. Highly recommend if you enjoy the genre.

And we also rented "The Incredibles," which we all watched this morning. What an outstanding movie. Absolutely love that one. Will watch it again and again. Promise.

Last night I had another spasm-riddled night, but managed to fall back asleep around 7am. Doug took the dogs out, closed the bedroom door and I guess decided to not bother waking me for church. I slept until noon. It's another disgustingly cloudy, rainy day. I'm getting incredibly sick of this weather. My friend Amy sent me pictures from her daughter's birthday party in their Phoenix AZ area home, and it made me jealous to see that they are all tan, and half naked.

New England. Pfth.

Anyway -- Doug took the boy and the puppy hiking. They needed to get out of the house. They are pre-scouting a hike that we're putting together for Geoff's cub scout den for early June to make sure it's a good, long hike with a nice goal point where we can have lunch. Doug's good at planning these things.

I am going to work for a bit, shower and then go to the market. We are out of the basics for food, and resorted to eating bread today, which we normally don't do. That and we have no breakfast cereal or milk, which will make Geoff's morning no fun tomorrow. I hate going to the market on weekends. It's always such a nightmare. But. It is for the greater good.

No comments:

Post a Comment