Tuesday, May 10, 2005

This one time, at band camp...

Yeah, I know it's a misquote. It is intentional. I don't want you thinking I did anything with my flute at band camp. Because I so didn't... in fact, I switched to the saxophone just because I so desperately wanted a senior named Andy who played the tenor sax and was 6' 5" and was hot.

So no "this one time at band camp" crap from me. The subject of this entry concerns my kids. It is that time of year, if not a tad late, for us to consider where we are sticking the kids for the summer. Doug tried to pawn them off for a week or so on his folks, but they weren't biting. My folks may be moving in August, so it's kinda dicey as to whether or not they can or will be able to take them.

Doug found a summer camp for nerds in Andover for Jessica, and since it is on the way to work for him, he's enrolling her. There's a summer camp around the corner here that I always thought was prohibitively expensive but come to find out it's just amazing affordable... so we'll be sending Geoff there for the first 2 weeks of summer vacation, and then cub scout camp for like 3, and then back to this camp... i think.

Still trying to iron it all out, and realizing how much this is going to cost and how we're probably going to have to pay up front for things. It's a tad overwhelming.

You all know we're big Mythbusters fans. Adam savage often wears this black T-shirt with white stick figure and text reading "I do all my own stunts." Jessica thught that was funny. Yesterday I had to go to Target to get some storage things for Jessie's room, and there was the T-shirt in all its glory... in both her size and Geoff's size.

So I bought them.

Now, they're wearing the same T-shirt today, and the irony isn't lost on me... Jessica's only stunt is being able to step over the Playstation cord, and Geoff is so accident prone that doing any real stunts could result in his untimely demise (ie: Bungee Cord Wedgie entry from a while back).

It's funny for them to wear those, because it couldn't be anything less true.

Speaking of T-shirts, Jessie told me that one of the "prep" girls in her school (ie: Popular Crowd) was wearing a Vote For Pedro T-shirt, exactly like the one Napoleon Dynamite wears to the assembly.

Jessica was shocked. Aren't the popular kids not supposed to be for Pedro in theory? She said to her friend, another Napoleon Dynamite fan, "That girl just doesn't get it..."

Indeed.

There's really not much to report over here. I was thinking of reposting some old entries from the other journal here. I was thinking about our inauguration trip, and those were some pretty cool entries with lots of adventure. Kinger jumping off the cliff, Barenaked Ladies concert reviews, that kind of thing. I'll get to it when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment