Tuesday, June 07, 2005

"Hello Bithes!"


Before I got sad news (see last entry) I was all set to do this funny entry on a bit of graffiti that I saw on Sunday. We were up in New Hampshire, Geocaching as usual, and there was this fire tower in Stratham.

The fire tower had graffiti all over it, but most especially at the top level, where the best views were to be found and obviously the best place to sit, hang, and get high and play with a Sharpie.

And where there are drunk/high kids and Sharpies... well. Hilarity ensues.

There were several references to Nikki and who she loves currently. There were references to the very same Nikki, and her friends Alexis, Jaquie, Jannelle and Rachel, who allegedly are going to be whores 4 ever.

And on the railing in giant letters it said "Hello Bithes!" With the "c" missing from the word "Bitches." Say it out loud - Bithes. It's funny. Walk into a room and intone loudly to your friends "Hello Bithes!" And see if you don't laugh.

Drunk Girls with Sharpies. That's some quality entertainment.

There were other items of graffiti up there. One was "If I can get drunk, y is it against tha law to get hi?" Because it kills your brain cells, bith, and makes you unable to spell. And there was another one that said "Graffitti is dumb. Graffitti is for krazy ppl." Yes. Yes it is. Glad you realize that. As Alanis sings, "Isn't it ironic? Don't you think. A little too ironic? Yeah, I really do think."

I'm experiencing a weird sort of spike in visitorship.

I've gone from an average of 65 hits a day to over 90, and today I'm up around 99 and it is only 8pm. I'm using Sitecounter, I can't really tell who is coming to the site because it only shows me the URL sources of about 20 of the most recent visitors, and there are no search engine keyword hits in the logs to account for the spike.

So one of you bithes (heh) must be visiting an extra 30 times a day. Thank you. Either that, or something wacky is going on!

I described the weather in the office to people today as "Monkey Hot." And that got me a huge laugh. I know that many of you have used the term Monkey Hot, or Tarzan Hot or Africa Hot... Monkey Hot is my favorite of them all. And no one in my office had heard the combination of heat and humidity such as what we are experiencing today as such.

G turned to the new employee and said "Christine often just comes up with things that are so weird and we just run with it." Another one that they weren't aware of was "Assy" as an adjective. I know Taunia and Amy both use Assy... and it is oft my favorite. It is simple. It is fun to say. Almost as much fun as Bithes.

Today at work, we got a laptop for the operations group to share. I'm primarily going to be taking it for the floorplan project. I find that sitting in here for 10 hours a week is a drag, and the laptop would make it easier on Doug and Jessica when they need to use the PC. Jessie has had several end-of-year project things that have had her needing the PC for longer than what I'm used to, so I haven't been able to get as much done over here as I like. I'm psyched to use it. Yay productivity!

No comments:

Post a Comment