Thursday, June 16, 2005

Santana...

I figured I'd better sit down and write an entry before work this morning because I honestly doubt I'm going to have a minute between now and late Saturday night to commit to this, my high art and craft. Heh.

Tomorrow night Doug and I are joining Gregg and Karry in a concert viewing of Mr. Carlos Santana and Los Lonely Boys. I've got a sitter lined up and I'm leaving straight from work to meet G&K and Doug to drive down in one car. Should rock. I've never seen Santana, I've always liked his music but it hasn't been on my list of things to do. Being invited is 98% of the reason I'm going to this one. I always love having a night out with G&K.

We were supposed to go to a birthday party for someone else but I thought the party was on Saturday night and totally screwed up the arrangements. I had finalized everything with Gregg and realized I'd better check with the party thrower to see if there was anything I was supposed to bring, on Saturday. She set me straight -- the Party is Friday.

Eeek. I'm a scab.

So I had to graciously back out of the party, because Gregg had purchased the tickets. I felt awful... she was quite forgiving. I'm relieved. I'm in no position in life to piss friends off permanently so that I have... no friends. That would suck.

Saturday morning we're driving Jessica down to Grandma's via the ferry. They'll meet us in Port Jefferson and take her the rest of the way to Nintendoland. Then, we'll come back up into Connecticut and geocache a bit. Should be fun and we should be home late.

So you see, I'm a busy gal.

Nothing else to report, really. I need to shower and get ready, and get Geoff ready. He's very angry now because Jessica gets to go to Grandma's and he has to go to stupid summer camp. He would like to go to Grandma Nintendo's, but it is too much on her to take them for two weeks, plus -- I paid for camp so he's going. I'm hoping he gets out of his blue funk. I'm thinking a special gift to celebrate sissy's being away is in order -- he's dying for this new Pokemon gameboy game... I may have to stop at Target on the way home.

And that's about my life. This afternoon when I get home I'll be cleaning like a madwoman so the livingroom/kitchen and Geoff's room are presentable for the sitter. So I won't be here to chat with you. Have a super day.

No comments:

Post a Comment