Sunday, August 07, 2005

So much fun in the summer sun...

So yesterday we did something we have never done before. We went to Canobie Lake Park. For those of you who live within a 50 mile (or perhaps more) radius of Salem New Hampshire, you've no doubt been assailed by the radio jingle, and just seeing the words printed at the top of my screen I do believe the song is stuck in your head.

Jessie has been a few times, but we've always skipped it because we thought it was too expensive. Most of the time amusement parks are indeed way incredibly overpriced, and the lines to wait for the rides go on for halves, quarters and wholes of hours when the ride itself takes 7 seconds. That is a pain in the ass. If I want to stand still, I'll stand in my backyard for free, thank you.

But, my parents are visiting. Normally, we would just go tromp around Newburyport or Portsmouth, and we figured we would just do something a little different.

While indeed expensive, we had a great time. Geoff is a fearless rider, and Doug went with him on a few and got a little like I get -- nauseous, dizzy, and generally discombobulated. I can't go on those rides anymore. Doug quoted Toby Keith when he got off the Matterhorn and said "I ain't as good as I once was."

I didn't realize the extent of water related rides there in the park, or I would have had us dress in bathing suits and brought towels and a change of clothes. We ate dinner there in the park, which was overpriced and overburned, but was wonderful because it took a couple of low blood sugar kids from bitchy to fun again, and we were able to continue riding rides and doing stuff. Doug and I went on the Flume, and I'm almost sad that I didn't buy our picture. It was hysterically funny.

Seeing as I don't do well with rides, I was perfectly happy doing the bumper cars and the flying swings, known at the park as Davinci's Dream. I rode it once and felt so sick after I got off. I agree with Doug -- I ain't as good as I once was.

Speaking of pictures, these guys were awesome. Jess and I kept seeing them walking around the park with their girlfriends. A weenie hat and a burger hat upon their heads.

Everytime we saw them, we'd crack up. They were having a great time -- you could so tell. All four of them were laughing, and the couples were hand-holdey and life was good. I knew I had to have a picture of these dudes. So I saw them, stopped them, and had the girls totally step off (a bit mean, but they didn't have on cool hats) and they willingly posed for the shot.

I love the Frank the Tank t-shirt on the one guy!

It was an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment