Friday, November 11, 2005

Late for the Blog

What a long week. Excuses aside, I've not been able to sit here and write. I did sit here and scan a few old pictures to post into Flickr, and I upgraded some of my earlier photos with some photoshop changes. But actual sitting and writing is something I haven't had the time to wrap my head around. To everything, there is a season.

Anyway -- Last weekend we spent a good day geocaching with him and his lovely new dog. We found 2 of 3 and I took tons of pictures (go to flickr and see them). Then ate ribs (oh yeah baby) and waited for Jon to come home so we could see him as well. Sunday we watched football. Doug took Monday-Wednesday off and started his new job on Thursday. He went in for orientation and was home by 2. Today he's off and probably won't be back until later because he's going over to the further away location he'll be covering, and it's a Friday, and traffic will suck on the way home.

Wednesday Geoff's cub scout den and another got together for a police/safety thing. It was a lot of fun and really, really loud. The boys got fingerprinted, and we got to keep the sheets. The cops don't want them until they NEED them, if you know what i mean.

And hopefully, they never will.

My kids have today off of school for veteran's day. Geoff has a doctor's appointment at 9:30 and then we're going to go hang out in my office and see how much more work I can get done. Work was busy this week and I managed to get ahead. When I go in today I'll start next week's content scheduling, so that's good. Geoff can watch Wallace & Gromit on my laptop at my desk or play at C's computer because she's on vacation. And I do believe we're having champagne today because we crossed a milestone this week. Huzzah!


Jessica spent the night at a friend's house and when I dropped her off she told me that she started a livejournal blog.

*cringe*

gah. No. you didn't.

So she told me her username and I went and read the three entries she's posted so far. I figured it was inevitable. I emailed her some pointers (ie: remove your town name from the profile page) commended her on her salute to veterans that she wrote last night, and asked a few questions about what she'd written.

I'll leave it at that.

The one thing I have to say is that I'm glad she's honest and told me, and that I didn't have to get a call from a mom in seven months "do you know what your daughter said about MY daughter!!!" I can read it for myself now and decide if it's something she should edit to prevent that kind of mom phone call.

I'm not going to link to her, but if you want to read it, let me know and I'll send it along. Especially if you're an auntie.

No comments:

Post a Comment