Friday, November 04, 2005

My new camera rocks the freaking party. I'm so incredibly excited. Go see our flickr pictures. I took a lot more shots, but I didn't upload them all. There were a lot of the kids running around doing stuff, and not as much visual aesthetic, so I didn't include those.

my chaperone-ees

These are "my" kids. I had four yesterday. Geoff, of course, the boy is J and he is reputedly a handful but he was awesome, and two lovely sweet girls, O and S. I really had fun with the four of them, and didn't lose a single one. You should be proud.

I'll write more later. It is already 7:30 and I've not yet showered. In the meantime, pictures abound, including my first awesome micro shot ever. I can see why so many flickr posters really get into their macros. Framing this and getting the focus down -- fun stuff. And the result made me smile. I may have a new flickr addiction. I'm a novice at it, obviously, but I really had fun trying it out. And... I'd like to figure out how to do really good depth of field like some of my favorite shooters do.

Right -- enough babble about cameras and shit. I've got a boy to dress, a shower to hit, and a ride to work. Tonight, Amy and I (and Jessica) are going to see some live a cappella in the form of the Bubs from Tufts University. They're performing in my neighborhood, so I figured it'd be fun to do.

More later, I promise.

Oh -- Y'all send Aaron mojo. He interviewed for a new even cooler better than ever job in Washington State. His job ends (the one he has) next week and picks up again in April. This other job is year-round, and pays a ton and a half more money.

He really wants and needs this job.

Pray for him. Pray that he has been lead to the right place and that this job is the one for him. Pray for his happiness and his safety.

If he doesn't get it, he has a plan B -- there's a ski resort near where he currently works and he can work there for the winter, go back to his current job in April. So he's not doomed. It'd just be nice to get his whole career thing nailed down, and this job, this new job that he wants, is perfect.

Right then, again- - must shut up and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment