Monday, February 13, 2006

The Aftermath

So with 15 inches of snow (it caught up to us last night after I'd posted my snarky entry) on the ground, everything looks really pretty, and all the roads are really clear. So our school isn't cancelled today. Everyone ELSE around us has no school. But our school is open. Both of my kids are royally pissed. Especially the boy. He cannot for the life of him understand why town A, town B and city C are right next to us and are all closed, and we're not. I told him to not worry about it and eat his non-King Kong cornflakes and then get dressed.

before & afterYesterday turned out to be fun. The guinea pig ran up inside the back of Jess' sweatshirt and we couldn't get him out. So we laughed our asses off while trying to figure out that puzzle. Geoff and Doug both got their hair shaved. Doug needed a haircut and he does his own hair, so he did that and then pulled Geoff in. Problem is his clippers are not very sharp right now, so Geoff's got some spotty coverage. We'll let it grow for a while, get the clippers sharpened and even that out. I like his hair long and crazy. It is curly and cute. But the short hair is cute too, and it will grow back in nicely I'm sure.

What else -- we played cards and watched some Olympic snowboarding coverage. I went to bed before Shaun "the Flying Tomato" White won his gold. I couldn't stay up past 10:15. All that blizzard coverage and being snarky wore me out. Plus, there was something about watching the event that made me dizzy. No, it wasn't the bodies spinning in gnarly mctwists and 1080s, but the type of film or digital recording they are using made the lines in the halfpipe shake and shimmer whenever they panned back and forth with the snowboarder. Jess noticed it too. And after watching for about an hour I felt sick. It was similar to how I feel with that migraine thing is coming on, and the frosted glass edgeyness creeps into my field of vision. I can't quite explain it. Perhaps they are recording in HDTV and because I don't have it on my television it looks shitty. I can't imagine that enough people in the world HAVE HDTV yet, so it kind of makes me wonder what the deal is.

So I went to bed with a horrible headache. Glad to wake up to the news that not only did the boy win but he is looking to hook up with some ice skater chick who is in a watch commercial. He's 15. Good for him. Aim high.

Well. I need to get ready to go to work and Geoff needs dressed. We are driving to school today so we have to go get all the snow off of the truck. Lest we be late.

No comments:

Post a Comment