Saturday, April 15, 2006

Home Inspection

We did our home inspection today and it went incredibly well. I love our home inspector, and if you ever ever need one, let me know. Of all the people I've met in this process, he's my hero. I learned a lot from him, not just home inspectory stuff, but history stuff, architecture stuff, how to tell what years certain things were done over the life of the house. He was incredibly awesome.

Today we're continuing to clean the basement and may be ready to tackle the walk-in closet. I started bringing boxes home from work. The reality of things is really starting to sink in. We're going to be moving in a few short weeks. Six weeks is not a long time. And I'm starting to panic.

Work this week went pretty well even if it was somewhat hectic. I enjoy being busy instead of sitting waiting, and I enjoy when, at the end of the week around 3pm I am doing stuff that doesn't necessarily HAVE to be done that minute. Next week should be a bit more manic as we try and iron out details for the next cycle of advertising and whatnot. And in my mind I know I need to focus really hard on that, and not worry about house stuff.

I can do that.

Not much else to report... I'd better get out there and help. Oh -- and yes, today is Tax Day, but we're not sending ours in until Tuesday because we're the lucky people in the State of Massachusetts who have a holiday on Monday (cough, hacks) and we get a minor reprieve. Yippee! Two more days my tax money sits in my account earning ME interest instead of the government.

If I don't get a chance to chat at you, Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment