Saturday, September 09, 2006

What to do?

My sister is visiting. It is a beautiful day. We are trying to decide what to do for fun today now that we're waking up and getting caffeinated. Do we use today, which is 84 and sunny, for a trip to Portsmouth/Kittery/York? Do we use today to go indoors and see plastic bodies? Will Ronnie kill Linda if she goes to see BodyWorlds without him?

So much to consider.

Well, we're thinking things over and listening to music and playing fetch with the dogs, and life is good.

I just thought I'd let you in on the thought process.

I'm kind of inclined towards a trip to Maine today. Tomorrow is supposed to be chilly and overcast, so Boston and the MOS would be a better bet in my opinion.

What to do, what to do...

Yesterday my sister came to my office and got to meet my girl C and all the daily players in my life. That was awesome. C and Linda talked wedding stuff while I finished all my last minute this has to be done before you leave today-ness that usually creeps up on me around 2pm on Fridays.

Then we got home, went out to eat in Newburyport at this little Irish restaurant, told stories, ate food, and had a great time.

There was a parade in town today, and Geoff's entire cub scout den was marching in it, but he opted out this morning. He's a tad grumpy. One of his 2 goldfish died yesterday and he had a mini-breakdown on a park bench by Newburyport harbor last night.

This is how life goes.

Anyway -- there are more in-town activities today but I'm not sure how much we'll particpate in, if any at all. There's a bonfire at 8pm. Perhaps we'll stop at that on the way home.

In other news, I signed Geoff up for the flute yesterday and had a nice discussion with his music teacher. He said every year he gets about 6-10 boys interested in the flute. ALL the girls are interested in the flute. The boys do the flute for the first year, some for second, and then most move on to Saxaphone. He is very encouraging that Geoff will be able to play it and enjoy himself.

The only problem is I didn't read the documentation right and if I was to rent a flute from school, I missed the sign up deadline for that. So. I now have to come up with a flute before Monday.

Craigslist anyone?

And I guess that's it. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment