Thursday, May 31, 2007

Better to be pissed off than to be pissed on...

"Fool me seven times, shame on you.
Fool me eight or more times, shame on me."
- Amy Wong, Futurama

That's what they say, but the sad truth is right now I am a lot of both.

Picture this. 9pm, I'm really tired. I go to bed. Brodie is sleeping with me. Doug comes to bed. Doug is asleep. Everyone is fast afreakingsleep. Suddenly, WHOOSH! Brodie pisses in her sleep, all... over... me.

What the hell?

I jump out of bed, Doug asked me what happened, and I tell him as I'm scrubbing the mattress, knowing full well if I were him I'd be saying "shah, right!" He rolls over and goes back to sleep. It's millions of miles away from him on the bed. Like comparing the location of Yuma Arizona to Chicago Illinois, so he doesn't care. Schnooore, schnoooore, schnooooooore... I scrub the bed, I take a shower, I change. I take the dogs out where obviously little miss puppy pissah doesn't need to pee, but Gonzo and Jack take care of some business.

Then I look at the clock and see that it isn't even midnight yet. Great. Now I'm wide awake. Good luck to my sorry lame ass getting back to sleep. It's like taking a nap too close to bedtime, and then at bedtime you can't fall asleep. Only I was in the middle of bedtime and now I'm screwed. Oh the joy.

Just thought you'd like to know. Because I haven't updated the blog all week.

Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment