Monday, March 28, 2005

Feel Better

I feel only slightly better than I did yesterday. I stayed home again, I have work I can easily do here and not infect my co-workers with my germy nature. I'm convinced, more than ever, that the domestication of the dog is the greatest thing to ever happen to human kind. There is nothing nicer when you are feeling sick than curling up on the couch or in the bed and having a large furry body curled right up with you. I love my dogs. They cushion me when I'm feeling bumpy. They warm me when I am chilled to the bone.

Huzzah for dogs.

If they didn't poop in my yard so I have to clean it up and if they didn't get ticks, they would be perfect. But. Nobody is perfect, so I enjoy and accept them even with their failings.

I've spent a great deal of time in the last 48 hours curled up with them. Jack is the best. He just loves to be held, and loves to be in bed. I love when we're getting all comfy and he rolls over and licks my nose, and rolls back, much like the way someone turns around to give a kiss to someone behind them.

And then he sighs. And that makes me smile. Sigh.

So, you know I'm sick. And yesterday I took my temperature and it was 96 degrees. That's right. 96. I have always had a lower than normal temperature.

I remember when I was younger my mom would take my temperature when I wasn't feeling well and it would be 99 degrees. She'd tell me to go to school. But my normal body temperature runs low. 99 degrees is really like a "normal" person having a 101 fever. I could never get out of school based on having a fever. Because it never really registered. I know now that when I'm 99 degrees, I'm sick. Certifiably. This morning I took my temperature and it was 98.6. Normal, right?

Not really. That's a slight fever for me.

I also wanted to share with you this -- I love sneezing. Yes I do. I love to sneeze. I like the way my head feels after I've let off a good one. I like how clear and solid everything is. I think it is fun. If I could just have sneezing as part of being sick, I'd be happy. Coughing? Not so much. But sneezing is awesome. Am I alone in this?

As you can tell, I have absolutely nothing to say of any sort of importance today. I'm only writing because I'm here and I know C is bored at work and will be looking for something to read. I made a graphic for my comments box. It makes me laugh. I'm having fun customizing the haloscan comments features. I also have posted more archival pictures in flickr.com and set it on randomizer, so each time you come to the site the pictures on the side bar will be different. I like my new front-page layout. I'm having way too much fun.

Yes, I'm such a dweeb.

Anyway. This is just to say hey, and I've got a pulse and I'm here and okay. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment