Tuesday, November 11, 2003

more BNL upcoming

What a gorgeous weekend. It doesn't seem to be "THAT" cold when no wind is blowing. We were out geocaching yesterday and the thermometer at the car said 35 degrees.

Once we got moving and the wind wasn't bad out on the trail, we could have walked forever. A mile and a half into the woods, hit the first cache, hit the second, and ran out of time at the third which thankfully was very close to the parking area as it was getting very dark on our exit.

I love the fall. Yesterday couldn't have been more Novembery unless it was sleeting on us, which it wasn't, thankfully. And geocaching -- so much fun but you know that's what I think already so I'll shut up.

Eclipse -- we got home with pizza in hand and got outside to check out the first shadings of the eclipse of the moon last night. I tried to take pictures but it was futile... the moon, she is close but not too close, no? Jessie and I enjoyed standing out in the driveway watching, even though we confused the occassional passing motorist. We were going to go up to the big hill here around the corner, but it was cold and she already had on her jammies. Plus, the local amateur astronomer club was up there, and while I do love me the nerds I didn't think we'd want to go up and hang with a crowd.

I do wish we'd done what our neighbors did and had a bonfire. Ah well.

Sunday was football day, and some yardwork was accomplished. We still haven't gotten the air conditioners out of the windows. That has to happen soonly as it's starting to get pretty chilly at night and heaven knows I'm not heating the outdoors!

So far, it now being Tuesday, the week goes well at work. I've not majorly flubbed anything, so I'm pretty psyched. Thursday night I'm going to see BNL in Hartford, so I'm living for that. And we decided that we're going to go up to A&M's in Bar Harbor (home of the wicked pissah July 4th festival). So right now I'm just lasting through the weekend, biding my time... longing for BNL, knowing I'm going to be an exhausted mess on Friday morning but so glad of it.

My friend C is going to come with me. Initially Linder was going to be with me, but she's off to Someplace with Someone. Then I asked Andi, but she sadly could not accompany me. So ... I guess more later, after the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment