Doug took Geoff with him to visit the aunt.
The goal today is to (hopefully) organize/consolidate the 2 storage units into just one. Doug's cousin told him that the units were full, and Doug thinks that's not possible. The floor may be covered but... stack some shit up. There is no way these 2 units are "full." I pointed out that if she would relinquish some of the things that can just be done away with, there would be half a storage unit of stuff worth keeping. I'm tired of arguing.
The county is re-upping the efforts to get her stuff cleaned out. They were there last week. They'll be back this week. If my dog could be fine alone and not have a total hairy conniption, I would have gone to work at the house to help (still, still not there) get in compliance.
The fire department said she can't have things piled higher than 3 feet up, or, the top of the dining table. She's got stuff piled up beyond that AND piled on the dining table. She said "well where's stuff supposed to go if not on the dining table!"
The answer is "somewhere else."
The fire chief and inspector explained that when things are piled up that high they can fall over on someone and trap them. This is a safety issue.
Her reply is "That's never going to happen!" They told her that it happens all the time. And if she's trapped, with a broken hip or leg or arm, she can't get out from under the pile. I mean, it happened to Principal Skinner. Luckily he had a basketball to dribble and keep himself entertained! Also, firefighters can't get into a building to rescue someone if they can't get into the building. If you can get into the living room but not up the stairs where the trapped person is, there's no way to get up there by the stairs, and carrying an incapacitated/unconscious person down the ladder if they get up that way is unrealistic. She has an argument for everything.
For weeks I was working towards the kitchen and dining area, to work on it, and every time I'd show up, the area I just cleaned was full again.
I want to help, I really do. But lady. You gotta help yourself too.
Everything not yet done, there's an excuse for. Painful.
Anyway, the boys are over there and I've had the house to myself since noon so it was time to clean. My sister refers to it as Linda, Party of One when she has the place to herself for cleaning. So I have my Christine, Party of One time. So far, let's see what I have done. I have:
- Made some chicken salad for lunch with some of the leftover grilled chicken from last night. It was intensely good. The temptation was to eat it all but I saved some for Doug
- Vacuumed the living room rug, the rug under the dining table, and the rug on the floor on my side of the bed
- Cleaned the top of the stove and the kitchen countertop
- Swept all the hardwood areas, contemplating mopping but. meh
- Brewed some coffee for iced for next week
- Placed some dining chairs we bought from a coworker at the dining table to see if I like them there
- Stripped the beds and washed the sheets. They are in the dryer
- Folded several baskets of laundry.
- Talked to my sister to take a break from my party of one
- Cleaned the floor on my side of the bed to peer pressure Doug into doing his
- My bedside table is clean and dusted and organized instead of lots of tissues and medicine bottles and empty cups of water and stuff
- Cleaned the shower and bathroom sink
- Cleaned the top of the living room table
- Sorting through the mail and junk mail now
I find that if I have some wine, some good tunes, and aloneness I can get a lot accomplished. I still have things to do. I really should record myself doing the training I need to do for work (see previous post about not doing something that needs done... But it's Christine, Party of One time here and I'm living for it.
The boys will be home within the hour, I think. Hope they bring something good home for dinner. I think I'll get a shower now and check the bedsheets so I can remake the beds.
All told, a good day so far. It is brutally hot out, I was thinking of watering the garden but I think there may be some weather coming from the west between now and 7pm. Unless it totally falls apart on the way here, and then I'll water. Big decisions.
Exercise: Lots of around the house busy steps and moving things.
2 chicken legs & big salad
no sugar added Klondike bar (has 26 grams of carbs and the regular klondike bar with normal sugar whatever is 29 grams. What a rip off!)