Thursday, March 17, 2005

Wearin' O'Tha Green, or the Orange if you're Sassy.

6:30 am. The phone rings. Doug and I both ponder who the hell could be calling us at this hour. Geoff gets out of bed and answers. "May I help you?" And then I hear him laughing, and he says "No, not yet" to the obvious answer of "Are Your Parents Awake."

Doug gets his attention and gets the phone. It's Aaron, calling up talking all leprechaun-ey before leaving for work. He wanted to make sure he caught us.

I have an irish maiden name and on St. Patty's day, my husband refers to me as it. Quite funny. So it was nice to talk to Aaron, even for a minute. I don't think I've talked to him more than once since Michelle got sick around Christmas eve. His life is incredibly busy, and he and Michelle went through a rough winter. Hopefully spring will bring flowers, sunshine and easier times where they can pick up the phone and talk leprechaun to me more often.

Just not at 6:30am.

But I needed to get up. I brought work home with me last night, and didn't work on it. Instead, I goofed off with Geoff and then watched "Mythbusters" on the Discovery Channel (If you haven't discovered the joys of Adam and Jamie, you don't know what you're missin!).

I figure if I can crank out an hour or maybe 90 minutes worth of work and still make it to the office by 9:45, I'll be stylie. Better to show up with something than to show up with nothing.

Tonight is Jessica's opening night for the play. Wish her luck. It'll be a busy night, I doubt that I'll get another entry in before tomorrow... perhaps I'll use Jspace at lunch. It's like crack. Slow crack, but convenient crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment