Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Me bum hurts!

Yeah -- it does. I am sore. Especially across my lower back and me bum. Sunday afternoon we hooked up with Michael down in Littleton to do some caches.

We did three caches in the Oak Hill reservation, and then went over to another one near the Cisco Systems campus on the Littleton/Boxborough line. The trail started out in a less than auspicious way, fenced in on both sides like a cattle run at a ranch. But eventually it opened up and brought us up a huge esker ridge. And 3 miles later, my thighs, butt, and back are sore.

Three miles ain't nuthin, when it comes down to what we do to ourselves on a regular basis, but for some reason this ridge trail whipped us like red headed step children. On the way out, I was feeling whiney. And was proud of both of my kids for not being whiney. Mine was comedic whiney-ness "What is THAT!? It's a HILL!???? Who put THAT THERE!"

Pizza, water and beer later were the icing on the cake, and made me bum hurt less... but. Heh, "butt" I'm going to be feeling this all day today. What a work out.

It was so fun going out with Michael, because neither of my kids (especially the big one) put on the "I hate geocaching!" attitude and bitch and moan if an outsider is with us. When we take their friends, or when we cache with one of our friends, especially Aaron, they seem to enjoy themselves better.

So I think we need to take a fifth wheel with us from here on in.

When I arrived home last night, Doug had a campfire roaring. Oh the bliss and joy. He was reading by the fire and Geoff was sitting with him, playing his gameboy. I saw the two juxtaposed, the old column and the new -- yet both of them enjoying the basic happiness of something burning.

I love the campfire. I mixed up a vodka tonic, and kicked off my shoes and joined them. It was cold out this evening -- about 40 degrees. So the fire was refreshing and perfect. We chatted long into the night, grilled burgers and just enjoyed each others' company.

It's campfire season, y'all. Oh, that you could all join us in the plastic adirondack chairs this year... perhaps a few of you in local readership can. I should have an (a)musing party. Have all my (a)musing readers over to chill by the fire and discuss life, the universe and everything.

It could become a conference, bigger than SXSW! Ooooh.




Nah.

Well, this is count-down week... I have so much to do that it is boggling my mind. Cleaning, laundry, organizing, planning. It is a bit much. I'm glad I'm way ahead of schedule at work, or I might have an aneurysm.

Aaron called on Monday night to say his Uncle has sport fishing equipment for us to borrow if we swing a bit east of our south through Connecticut. I'm looking forward to the possibility of catching a little something. Geoff has wanted to go fishing. I'm hoping this will convince him it is BORING and purge him of the desire to do so in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment