Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Warmer, Beerier, Hot Tubbier.

So last night Aaron and I were talking about our vacation. He called quite giddy and excited with all these evil genius plans about the crazy things we're all going to do, and wondering how he can transport his stunt kite to us while riding his motorcycle. It may not be easy.

We started thinking about the weather. What is the weather like in the zipcode where we are headed. I hit weather dot com to check the 10 day forecast, and it isn't looking pretty.

I'm hoping the weather prognosticators are wrong. It is scheduled to be partly cloudy and never out of the mid 60s. We were thinking the weather would be like it was this weekend here -- 70s and hot and sunny. Hrmm, this could dampen our fun. Especially if the partly cloudy turns to mostly cloudy with rain and thunder... like they're having right now.

Although, I would so dig a huge thunderstorm.

The great thing about the house we're staying in is that it has a fussball table and an air hockey table. Between that, the playstation that we'll bring with us, and the hot tub... I'm sure we can pass a rainy day or three.

And, if it isn't too rainy but is just cloudy, my body still has not acclimated to the warm weather. It was in the lower 40s here yesterday, so mid 60s is nothing to whinge about. My body, filled with winter fat and thickened slow blood, may just believe it's Africa Hot at 64 degrees. So it won't be too bad.

No matter what, it'll be warmer than it is here. And beer-ier too. And Hot Tubbier too.

In the end, that's all that matters.

Jessica had a half day at school today for some unknown reason. Professional Development day... which is stupid 2 days before vacation. Why not last week or the week before? She referred to it as Administrative Hoo Haa day. Sums up the whole academic experience from a 12 year old's perspective. She got home around noon, and I left work at about 2:45 to come up and hang with her and Geoff. I let my babysitter off the hook today and Friday. Pretty soon her semester will be over, and we'll lose her to her homeland of Canada. Sigh, she's nice. I wish she was here more, but it's a haul for her to come up here.

The kids seem to like her, and she said they're the easiest kids on earth to babysit. They do their homework and hang out, play video games, and watch cartoons. That's all I expect from them.

I remember being a baby sitter and the mom telling me that the kids were NOT allowed to EVER watch TV, and I had to... play with them all the freaking time.

I never got any homework done. Stupid Demandey Rotten Brat Kids. So my kids are a babysitter's dream. TV, video games, hang out, behave. That's about it.

I don't like the idea of having to look for another sitter for the summer, or having to pick where they're going to camp and for how long. Jessica wants to go to sleep over camp for two weeks. It's the next town over, but dude. Two weeks!? I'll miss her like mad! And Geoff wants to go to Cub Scout camp, so I have to see when his buddy from his den is going. I'd like to have them go together. If I can swing it, Jess can go to camp those two weeks too, and it'll be an easy two weeks down.

Hopefully, before we know it everything will be scheduled and all set. The effort kills me though. Meh. Anyway -- I promised Jessie a little trip to Kohl's to pick something up for vacation. I need to fold laundry, get organized. Sigh. I have 48 hours to get ready.

Can I do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment