Monday, March 10, 2008

Daylight Mess Me Up Time

As glad as I am to have the change in time a little earlier on the calendar, we once again find me dealing with the sleep schedule adjustment issues that come hand in hand with the daylight savings time.

It isn't as bad as the one that happens in October, but it still messes me up good. Yesterday I slept until 9am, which was REALLY 10 on the clock. By 10pm, which was REALLY 11 on the clock, I wasn't tired and couldn't fall asleep. It was just too early for me. Sometimes on Sunday nights I have a hard time falling asleep in the first place, because my brain starts processing the workday that awaits me. I think around 1am my body's time, which was now officially 2am on the clock... I fell asleep.

Jess woke me up at 6:30 so that I could get ready to take her to school and Doug presumed he would be the one giving her a ride, so now I find myself here with time to kind of wake up and get kind of acclimated to the day. Only it isn't working very well.

The only horror is that there is no milk or cream for coffee. Feh. Thank God we have some tea and honey. That should help until I can hit the road. I'd run out and get some but that means leaving Geoff alone and I don't like to do that. I'd really like to go back to sleep for an hour.

Hopefully tonight I'll be tired enough to just put my head on the pillow and be that beyond tired person who can fall asleep before 11pm.


Jess had her MRI on Friday night. I waited for Doug to get home with her and actually fell asleep on the couch moments after they left.

They got home around 10pm and Jess regaled me with stories of her experience. Scary warning labels about lasers and blindness, loud noises, and how she got to use open MRI instead of get fed into a tube. Which she liked better.

It is now my duty to take the film to the doctor's office this morning and drop it off so they can read it.

I'm not sure why the MRI dudes didn't or couldn't take the film over, considering they're in the same general building complex area, but whatever. The packet is sitting in my car awaiting delivery... which means I should probably dress and be ready to go. Wait here.

Okay, I'm back. Showered, dressed, cuppa.

Not that I have anything particularly interesting to say... I am feeling kind of vapid and braindead. Perhaps I should just pack up and get ready. I have time to make my lunch for a change... should do that.

Right then. More later. Meh. Happy Mehnday.

No comments:

Post a Comment