Friday, November 05, 2010

job on hold...

My job recruiter guy called me today to let me know the college has put hiring for the position I'd interviewed for on hold indefinitely. They have decided they want to hire first for a position between the director and the position I'd interviewed for, a Distance Learning Manager or something along those lines.

Part of me wanted to say "can I be considered for that position as well?" But then I kind of decided that I don't want to be considered for anything anymore.

I will be 44 in a few weeks. I kind of feel like yeah, I should be able to walk into a manager position and should be thought of immediately for such a position, having just interviewed there for a job... but now I don't want it. I don't want anything. I don't think. I don't know.

It doesn't help right now that I'm just really tired of sending out feelers, sending out emails, filling out form after form after online form. It's all just so boring and uninspiring.

A great deal of my time lately is spent cleaning or doing volunteer work. I wish someone would pay me for that.

I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment