Wednesday, February 23, 2011

30 day song challenge - Day Fifteen

Day 15 - A song that describes you
"American Girl" by Tom Petty

I had a hard time with this one. I don't think of a lot of songs pointing to me lyric-wise. But I can think of hundreds of songs that speak directly to other people in my life. I know that U2's "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" speaks to me about Clayton. Always. "Sister Goldenhair" by Bread speaks to me of my sister.

But a song that describes me?

I thought of "Tupelo Honey" by Van Morrison, but that would be more of what my husband thinks of me. I also thought of "What I Really Want" by Alanis Morrisette because I love the images in the song.

But it came down to this one. I heard it on the radio on the way to work and started laughing. She was an American Girl, raised on promises... I love this song. I love Tom's Bob Dylan voice. I love the straightforward rock and roll of this tune. I love it.

And I love that it makes me think of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment