Thursday, February 17, 2011

30 day song challenge - Day Nine

day 09 - A song you can dance to
"Scarlet Begonias" by the Grateful Dead

Now, a lot of people have specific images of Dance. R&B, Dance Hall, Disco... Ballet even. For me, none of those things really work. I'm not a big dancer. But I am a big fan of the Jam Bands and Hippie Music for dancing to. There's something about the funky drums and the liberation of the jam. You don't need to know steps to anything like "Macarena" or "Electric Slide." You just go with it. Arms, Legs, Booty... put it all together and have a great time.

I have seen the Dead a few times, and getting a good groove on is a lot of fun. Scarlet Begonias is also a sweet little song because in my mind's eye, I like to think I'm like the girl Jerry is singing about. Maybe not in real life, with my exterior, but in my soul.

That said, wait until we get to my "guilty pleasures" option in this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment