Friday, February 25, 2011

30 day song challenge - Day Seventeen

Day 17 - a song you hear often on the radio
"Hotel California" by the Eagles

It seems that no matter the station, rock, classic rock, adult contemporary, country or even folk, even the stations piped into the doctor or dentist offices, you can pretty much guarantee "Hotel California" by the Eagles will be on. I don't think a day has gone by in the last 20 years of my life that I've been in a car with the radio on, this song comes on.

There are others, but this is the first thing that popped into mind.

There are some radio stations, for instance WBAB on Long Island, that only play five artists, all day long. If I lived on LI anymore, I'd have to say that anything by Led Zeppelin would be the first answer to this question.

And, I heard it at work on Jo's iPod yesterday too because she was in a "70s Mood." So... truly, truly I say to you, "You can turn the radio off any time you like, but this will never leave..." cue Joe Walsh's rippin' guitar solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment