Friday, February 18, 2011

30 day song challenge - Day Ten

Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep
"Fever Dream" by Iron & Wine

This was a difficult one for me because I do not use music to put myself to sleep. I never have. If I listen to music in bed, I am connected to it, and listen intently. I am relaxed by it, but never put to sleep by it.

I used music to put my children to sleep. I would sing several different songs to them from "Yes, Jesus Loves Me" to "You Can Close Your Eyes" by James Taylor. I also used some Bruce Cockburn ("All The Diamonds") and Mamma Cass' "Dream a Little Dream of Me." Even some Jon Svetkey with "Copper."

But I never put myself to sleep with music.

I recalled when I had a job, which seems like a million years ago at this point. I would listen to Last.fm at my desk, and once in a while a song would come on that would completely relax me. This son would come on and I'd feel my pulse slow, I'd sink deeper into my chair. And I think if any song on earth could lull me that way, it would be this one. Thank you Sam Beam for your soothing, sweet voice. You send me into a sleepy state, which could eventually turn into true sleep if this song was longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment