Monday, May 16, 2011

Ultrasound Day and a General Roundup of Stuff

Not a lot has been happening in the week since we did that 48 hour film project. Steve and Brad said it was well received, but not THE funniest comedy that was offered up that night. Still, they said that it was good in comparison, and hopefully we'll win something. Long and the short of it though is that it was fun for me, and I'm so happy to have participated.

On Thursday night we had an event at work. Create a Cook partnered with Harpoon Brewery and presented a food and beer pairing night.

I worked exceptionally hard on print collateral but nowhere NEAR as hard as Jo, Sam, Heather, Lily and the others on the actual food stuffs. Doug came out by train and met Dave (of my Friday shenanigans) and me there. About 40 people were there ready to rock the house and have a great time.

The food was amazing. The beer was perfect. I didn't get to eat as much as I liked, especially of the Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese... and I especially missed out on the sous vite pork with the beer sauce because I was wandering around SCHMOOZING on behalf of the school, answering questions about program offerings and whatnot.


My take-away box with canolis and cupcakes got EATEN by one of my dogs, so I was exceptionally mad at her for doing that. But all told it was a lot of fun. I look forward to it happening again sometime.

What else... hmmm. Oh -- Jess has been my Baking Fairy for the past couple weeks. She sleeps all day and then gets up around 4pm, hangs out with us, and when we go to bed she bakes. She's trying to perfect quickbreads. This morning I woke up to lemon pound cake and blueberry cake bread. The 11 pounds I've lost since Christmas may come back if she keeps it up.

And finally, today is the day I finally go to the doctor again for the follow-up Ultrasound to determine if there is anything wrong with my innards, and to discuss treatment plans for the menagoria I've been experiencing. So we'll see what happens next with that. I will, of course, keep you posted.

Anyway. That's about it. A very quiet, boring stretch here at the Way Out Inn, I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment