Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dear Visitor from Washington, District of Columbia

Hi. It isn't often I get close to 300 hits in one day, all from one visitor. I usually get about 25 from a smattering of visitors.

I'm always slightly creeped out when that many hits come from one place, without anyone leaving a comment. I hope you are not some sort of content vulture who is stealing blog entries to re-purpose elsewhere. I've had that happen before and it made me very unhappy.

Maybe you're just bored out of your mind at work, or you are unemployed and are sitting at home just reading and reading and passing time. If that's the case, I hope you are enjoying what you read.

Perhaps just introduce yourself so I know you're not a super creep. Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. Whoa, 300 page views from a single person? Yikes. I've had a friend pile up about 100 during a bored afternoon at her office. Never so many from a stranger though. Hopefully it's just your great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and up until about 12 hours ago, they were still doing it. it's really weird. today i have almost 100 hits, and normally by this time it is 20.

    the last time this happened, someone went through my blog word for word and i caught at least 3 references on a TV show (short lived CBS comedy that i can't remember the name of). One of them was word for word my mighty fine monkey wine philosophy.

    there is a copyright at the bottom of the page but ... i guess that means nothing to some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I think that's actually pretty funny or strange. Not sure. I actually am one of your 'readers'. I stumbled upon your blog about a year or so ago when I did a search on BOA and Mortgage issues for a friend. I happen to like your writing and view on things. I am currently in 'career transition' myself and DO have a blog that one day I will write on again but am too busy looking for a new position. Keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:04 PM

    That happened to me once, turns out it was automated thing. I will see if I can find the domain it was coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well michael thank you so much for introducing yourself. i know there are a lot of people who read this blog who i don't know so i do appreciate it when people leave a comment. good luck with your career transition. may we both face a new year with jobs! huzzah!

    ReplyDelete