Thursday, October 31, 2013

In some other news

Today, my contract was officially extended to the end of the year.

Now, this is great because we very much can use the 600 plus bucks a week I'm pulling in (after taxes). It is a ton of money. I'm so thrilled and happy to be on this contract. It is equally great because I love what I'm doing, and I like the people very much, and I really would like this to turn into a job. For good.

I had an interview for a long-term contract with a company in Burlington. One of my good friends from the Bio-Labs contract was just hired there and I wrote him a letter of recommendation, he got the permanent position, and I'm up for the contract.

It is a "Long term open ended" contract, which is good. Pays about what I'm getting now.

But... I've agreed to stick where I am. And I'll be letting the other job know I'm removing myself from consideration. My friend Matt will be bummed, but ...

I have my reasons.

Being here for a month already, and being handed more detailed work and more serious assignments (ie: helpdesk tickets for immediate updates on the website)  and knowing that my boss and his boss really love me, I know they are working on creating a job for me. It may not happen until sometime next year, but in the meantime, sticking with something and building time at this location is a good idea.

Also, if they do hire me, they do international teambuilding trips. I want in on that.

In the meantime, I've got a job for two more solid months and baby. That's so good. So many debts to pay. Thank you God for hookin' a sista up.

No comments:

Post a Comment