Thursday, June 05, 2003

Fridge Day!

It is currently 1pm. I am home at my house, awaiting the fridgeguys. I have a huge sign on the front door directing them to the side/kitchen/main entrance (the front door is a door that leads into Jessie's room, and not a main thoroughfare). My dogs are asleep on the floor in the kitchen, confused by the relocated old fridge and the gaping ripped somewhat symmetrically aligned drywall gouging that was done to make way for the new fridge. Geoff had a field day yesterday once Doug had moved the fridge and made the big hole. He felt it was his own secret superhero escape path to his room (the fridge is blocking his doorway, and only he fits through the opening now).

This morning I phoned ahead to find out the delivery time. The guy has us down for "noon to 3," for our window. So lucky my boss is all cool and Thursday is my super slow day at work. I left the office at 11:50 in order to get back here right on time, heaven forbid I not be here and they actually arrive at noon. I mopped the kitchen floor, removed all of the remaining items from the body of the fridge that didn't need to be kept super cold (ie the non-dairy, the leafy veggies and fruit, the really really really nasty old can of peaches!) and I threw out anything that was not going to take residence in the new fridge.

I have unplugged the fridge, the items that are being kept at fridge temp up in the freezer compartment are safe and cool until the guys get here. And I am waiting for my lunch to finish cooking.

Here's a lesson for you -- I typed out a great big huge entry here, and neglected at some point in the last half hour to hit save.

My PC crashed, and I lost the whole thing. Essentially, I suck. And I don't have the energy to retype and say what I was in the process of saying. I'll try and bring my defeated self to restate the musings at some other point.

The guys still aren't here. I need to eat my lunch. Doug just called and said some really funny things, he's always good for getting me to laugh ass.

I will however leave you with this. The other night we watched "Keen Eddie" which is a new series on FOX. We really enjoyed it. NY cop goes to London, cultural absurdities abound.

It had the look and feel of a Guy Ritchie production, and really made us laugh. Lots of good British humor, with a kind of Bruce Willis-esque NY cop with some 'tude.

And a dog who shags cats.

Anyway -- try and catch it. Seems like it will be a good program, even if it is a tad formulaic.

Alright -- I'm going to do some more dishes while I wait for these guys. More on the fridge later, we hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment