Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Fish in a creek barrel

After work yesterday, Geoff wanted to go fishing. We went down to the creek at the edge of our property and with a few old hamburger rolls we nabbed several catfish and several sunfish. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. The fish are semi-marooned there, until it rains. There is a deep pool and the creek isn't flowing because no water is running under the bridge, save for a tiny trickle. The pond water level is horribly low. So they are stuck, and they are hungry. And we fed them. We didn't just catch them to feed them, we threw a ton of the bread into the water to give them something to eat... it wasn't all just "ha HA! If you desire food you must first be injured! We are so eeeeevil!!!" Naah. Not us. Not too often.

It made up for the stress I experienced on my way home. I was tailgated and threatened by a guy in a Titan V8 truck, silver. I honestly thought he was going to get out and kill me at the traffic light on Lynnfield St. and Summit in Peabody... Suffice to say, I can't go any faster than the vehicle in front of me. I'm not speeding up to risk a ticket because some dickwad behind me is in a hurry. If it was a medical emergency or something, he should have called an ambulance. Sorry dude.

I think I know where he lives, and I will be cautious at 5pm when I drive by there, lest he be on my ass again. And I'll have the phone ready to call the Peabody police.

No comments:

Post a Comment