Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The plan to move to Dover...

Yeah, I'm awesome. I got South Dakota on the way home from work last night. This after discussing my little game play with France, both of us agreeing that it would be near to impossible to get said plate. I wish Jessie had been with me, because I could have used a wingman to take the shot while I drove, and get a clearer picture. My camera cannot zoom in and focus anymore, so my shots are not coming out totally clear. I got Michigan and Washington (State) as well.

While they are indeed uploaded to Flickr and in the set, I'm unhappy with the quality of the pictures and am cursing my camera. But ... I may never get South Dakota again though. So it'll have to stay.

I also saw Ontario today while walking around Marblehead, but didn't have my camera with me. In town, I also saw Utah again, but already have it. And there were tons of NY cars for some reason. All the NY residents are in Marblehead today. Not sure why. And a bunch of Virginians. Oh, and Illinois and Indiana were coming the opposite direction in traffic, and I didn't get the camera on in time. So I lost out on them but saw them. Soon they will be mine!

And yes, I know I am certifiably insane.

Everyone needs a hobby though, right? I have 30 states and 1 Canadian Province. And I think I rule. Thank you very much.


No menacing wacko on the way home last night, but I did see him on the way to work. He looked right at me, going in the opposite direction, and POINTED at me.

I'm officially freaked out. He's a crazy bastard.

And then, of course, I get stuck behind a granny who isn't sure where she is. She made a left turn onto West Shore Drive in Marblehead, FROM THE GO STRAIGHT/NO LEFT TURN LANE. I knew she was going to do it too... I had been behind her for a good stretch, and she was all over the road, yielding where there is no yield, going through stop signs without stopping. Stopping AT a green light.

She was a Marbleheader, with yacht club sticker in her back window, but she was obviously confused. I ended up losing her when she pulled over somewhat in front of a driveway... after she almost sideswiped a car.

I really should have called the police on her... she's going to hurt someone one of these days (or minutes). I was just happy to get to the office in one piece.


My son cracks me up. He decided a while back that he was going to do the following:

"When I'm 22, I'm going to move out. I'm going to move to Dover Delaware and work at a Burger King. And I'll get a roommate to help me pay the rent, because I won't make that much money."

"I'll miss you," I say to him.

Today he decided that when he is 22 he's moving to Nantucket. And because they probably don't have a Burger King there, because rich people like NICE restaurants, he is going to be a chef or a policeman in Nantucket. And I am welcome to come visit him. "And so can Jessica, after she gets her Masters Degree. She'll be 26 by then. Almost 27. So she should have that finished by then."

He cracks me up. In 14 years, check in with me and see if he is in Dover or Nantucket, wouldya.

Alright -- I'm outta here. Got a lot to do just to get out the door this morning. Take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment