Thursday, August 18, 2005

Geoff Haircut

To quote Nance, who yesterday morning "...poured a cup of coffee and sat on my dead ass for about 2 hours, surfing the net and cussing all of you who do not update regularly. Boring drivel is better than no drivel at all, people. Embrace the updating already!"

Heh. Embrace the updating. Yeah -- I've been slow in the update department myself, and I'm sure she visited here once or twice in the past couple of weeks and said "Gah." As did many of you. But it's just been insane, and I should really get the wireless router hub thing put in here so I can use the office computer online and upfreakingdate from the couch when Doug and Jess are on the PC.

Well -- I took Geoff for a haircut the other night. For a kid who didn't want a haircut he did sit wonderfully and was well behaved and we were out of there in 12 minutes. He's enjoying camp a lot this week, and that's a great thing. Tomorrow we have guys coming to measure the upstairs apartment windows for replacement. As if my life isn't a big enough mess. But they have been living with leaky windows that have panes falling out, so it's high time I cowboy up with the money and pay for them to be replaced. Tomorrow we're also having a barbecue at work over at G&D's house. I need to shave my legs. They have a pool and I will probably go in. I'm marinading steak tips right now because I am the queen of the grill.

I guess this qualifies as a "Boring drivel is better than no drivel at all" kind of entry that Nance longs for once in a while. I bet I'll have more to write about later. I've been thinking about Cindy Sheehan, war protests, soldiers who die who enlist of their own free will, sweet neo-con, stupid Mick Jagger, expensive concert tickets, why the radio station never plays my BNL requests (jerks), Amy, Steve and Virginia, and beer.

But nothing which can really fall into the form of an entry, so I have to just leave you with that rambley bullshit for now. In the meantime, the License Plate Bingo set on Flickr continues to grow. Go visit and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment