Friday, August 19, 2005

Window Replacements

Right now I'm all dressed and ready for work, and having a hard time fathoming the fact that in two weeks Jessica will have already left for the bus and at this time will be finishing with homeroom/skills and moving onto first period.

tanfeet I feel like we've had a very fun summer. My feet aren't as tan as last year (see to the left there, August 2004) when I was underemployed. I didn't get to teach this year with prof CM and that made me very sad. But camp kept the kids happy and bright, and Doug and I were able to coordinate all the picks and drops so that no one was left somewhere accidentally. I wish there could be a few more weeks before school starts. But that just isn't the case. There's a lot I need to do in the next few weeks to get them ready, and I just don't want to wrap my head around the tasks at hand.

I dread the end of summer.


We are having the upstairs windows replaced.

The guy is supposed to be here to take the measurements between 7 and 8 am. It's almost 8am. I'd like to leave for work, buddy. Thanks. Glad Doug is still in bed so he can take over for me so I can go.

I'm waiting on Geoff to finish breakfast and get his bathing suit on. He lost his watch at camp on Wednesday and didn't tell me, so I don't know if we'll ever see it again. I'm kind of disappointed. It was a cheap burger king watch, but he did SUCH a good job all summer long with taking it off before swimming, keeping it with his glasses, taking care of it and putting it away at night. He didn't tell me because he thought I'd be mad, and because he's (I think) disappointed in himself. I'm going to ask at camp if it has turned up. If it hasn't I think I'll get him a nicer watch for the school year. Something that won't make my head explode if it gets hurt or scratched or damaged, but certainly something nicer than just a burger king cheapie.

Not much else to report. I'm sure I'll have a post-pool party report about all the fun-ness that we have today. I have a big ole bag of marinade on some steak tips chillin' in the fridge. Bag o'meat.

Need more coffee and ready to hit the day. Hope you have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment