Wednesday, November 02, 2005

It is Gadget-tastic!

I decided months ago that I needed a new camera. I was suffering camera envy, looking at all the Flickr postings shot with Nikon D70s and Canon EOS rebels and whatnot.

So tonight I went out with Doug and we sampled the cameras at Best Buy. I bought a Nikon Coolpix L1 with 6.2 megapixels and a 5x optical zoom. The optical zoom is what got me. All the other cameras were 3x. I wanted to be able to zoom in from afar upon things that I'm not close to. Like BNL in concert. Now I need to invent an ingenious way of getting the camera through checkpoints undiscovered. I would hate to lose my investment.


Right now, two other people are begging to get on the computer. I just wanted to let you know that I do live, that I'm over being sick, and that tomorrow I'll be out chaperoning a field trip for 3rd grade.

Pray for me.

It is to Plymouth Plantation. Apologies to Bree in advance for my whiteness and my going along. I know it pains First Nation folk that this place exists. I'm interested in seeing the historical information that is presented. I'm sure it is a lot more sensitive to the native Americans than it was when I first went there when I was Geoff's age.

A full report will indeed follow.

In the meantime, old Sony Cybershot 1.3mpxl camera has been passed down to Jessie. I have a 512mb memory card in my new puppy and will fill it up with interesting gawkings over the next several days.

Pictures will, of course, be flickr'ed.

And now -- I'm away to curl up with an instruction manual.


Oh -- by the way. My cell phone is very suddenly not working. It is not powering on. Any advice for me before I call tech support at T-mobile? It's a Samsung phone if that matters to your knowledge base.

Leave a comment. Feed the monkey.

Ed. Note: Well, Doug pressed a bunch of buttons mashing-style on my keypad and the phone woke up. And when it did, it was ringing. I was an old friend from back in the day and he and I were just on the phone for an hour, so I haven't read my camera manual. Such is life. I have to call him back so he can finish his epic story of heartbreak and resurrection. Good thing I had a lot of caffeine this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment