Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Liberry? I has it.

Alright. So thanks to several suggestions, I got the iTunes thing ironed out. Right now I'm listening to They Might Be Giants, doing their Alphabet of Nations, and a wicked awesome cover of the Allman Brothers Band's "Jessica." With accordions and bari-sax. That's hot.

iTunes LiberryNot only does it now believe me that all my music is out on the external drive, it let me buy things and downloaded them to the external drive, and as you can see here from the picture... it believes I have playlists. Special thanks to everyone who gave either advice or empathy. Both were well needed. I feel whole again. I feel like I accomplished something. And I especially want to thank Mr. N for calling with his guidance. Everything he said made sense, and it was exactly what I did, and now... ta-daaaa! So thank you, Mr. Neutron. You helped save the day. Indeed. (Heh. a 20 year old inside joke gets play on the journal. Will wonders never cease?)

My question now is, for you super geniuses out there... I have two folders with a dat and xml file in each. Which copies do I delete? I'm thinking the ones in the external are the ones that I delete, because I brought those over to the C drive to restore the recognition... but I don't want to mess it all up again. Does it harm/hurt/destroy anything to just leave the copies there in the other place and just say "fuggedaboudit?"

Do tell. Either way, I can now listen to TMBG ABC! and rock out to "E eats Everything." Yes. Yes I can.


In other news, I had to eat half a vacation day today because my daughter needed to go to a friend's house to work on a project. As I've mentioned, we live in a regional school district. Her friend lives like 10 miles away, two towns over, on the other side of the Merrimack River. Hardly walking distance, on any day ... not to mention on a 35 degree day.

I never ever thought I'd say this, but I'm looking forward to the day when Jess will be able to drive herself places.

Which, frighteningly enough, will be soon. Once she turns 16 she can take driver's ed. I don't know how they do it here in Massachusetts, but I do believe they are required to take classes from "professional" driver ed schools. Doug and I can't just teach her and she goes and takes her test. Which is how I think it should be, but in Massachusetts they like to make it cost you, big time.

I constantly see these cars from driving schools all over the place, and for years I never remembered seeing any with kids in them... just older ladies who need to get their licenses now.

I don't even think the schools offer it anymore (anyone with knowledge of how this works in MA, feel free to edumacate me).

My guess is she'll have to take classes there and do stuff with some doughnut-eating jerk teaching her, instead of her dad with mad driving skills. He'd take her to a big parking lot and say "This is how you do donuts in the wicked snow, and this is how you floor it to avoid the cops. Don't forget, when you whip into some stranger's driveway, hide on the other side of the big minivan and turn the lights off and DUCK DOWN IMMEDIATELY."

Not that we've ever had to do that. Forget I told you that.

Anyway. So someday soon, probably within a year, the girl will be a licensed menace, erm, driver... and that will open the next can of worms of "what car will she drive."

Good lord... I don't even want to start thinking about that.

And on that note... I'm off to bed. With my happy iTunes liberry, and my happy ears. And my nightmares about driving teenagers.

Ooooh! Speaking of nightmares -- I've been watching the Sarah Connor Chronicles, you know, the new Terminator thingy. And while I scoffed initially "oh please, why would anyone want to watch THIS!" I've been watching and enjoying and loving it. And last night had my first really really bad dream about terminator dudes and their scary assed glowing red eyeballs. It only took like 5 episodes. And now I'm petrified.

Jerks.

No comments:

Post a Comment