Saturday, February 12, 2011

30 day song challenge - Day Four

Day 4 - A song that makes you sad
Evanescence - "My Immortal"

I don't know if I can even write about this one. It kills me.

I blogged about it here a very long time ago. Please go over and read and you'll know why it makes me cry. It is a beautiful song, and still to this day brings me to tears. I haven't listened to it pretty much since that 2003 blog entry because I just can't handle it.

Also, in addition to the reasons outlined in that blog entry from 8 years ago, I miss Clayton. And I know how much he would have LOVED Amy Lee's voice. Clayton had a thing for voices like that. I doubt he ever heard the song. And it makes me sad that I never got to share it with him at top volume in my car driving to work. How strangely different my life has been for the past 9 years without him in my life, but with him constantly in my ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment