Tuesday, March 08, 2011

30 day song challenge - Day Twenty Eight

Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty
"Summer Wind, Cotton Dress" by Richard Shindell

I'm not sure if this was intended to be "song that is a guilty pleasure, or truly a song that makes you feel "guilty." How does a song make one feel guilty? I think I have a lot of guilty pleasures, but I can't really think of one that makes me feel guilty.

Closest I can get is this ditty by Richard Shindell. A song written by a man to an old lover, as he sits and recalls a summer long ago when they were both with other people, and there was a "glance held long and a stolen kiss..."

I suppose that I would like for someone out in the world that I used to be with to think of me once in a while. Like this. Or someone that I had a close brush towards romance with. It would make me feel a little guilty though to sit and reminisce about people that I was once involved with, since I have such a kick ass husband and all... but still. It would be nice to know that I was thought of in that way.

It's a beautiful little song, and I love Richard Shindell.

No comments:

Post a Comment